• ...and so much more!
  • cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I found out about this yesterday. It was introduced at SHOT back in Jaruary and it’s just now hitting retailers:

This takes the SCS technology with advanced light-sensing and internal battery charged by solar cells, and extends it from pistol-mounted to rifle-mounted optics. Available in red or green dot with or without 65 MOA “donut of death”.

Here is a review and a YouTube video from TFB about this new optic:

I just ordered the dual reticle green dot version yesterday for $320 with free shipping from OpticsPlanet. The order confirmation says it ships in 2 to 9 days.

Considering how well received the Glock MOS version of the SCS sight has been, I’m expecting this to be a real winner.

There is conflicting information about whether a CR 2032 battery is part of the picture here. Holosun’s own documentation says one is included, but the TFB reviews say the battery is internal. I’m going with the latter based on what shows in the TFB review and video. Part of the premise for SCS technology is there is no removable battery.

Last edited:

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I got the fondle them at the NRA convention. We won’t be disappointed.

My ship date got bumped out to May 5. Par for the course for Optics Planet to play games with ship dates on new products.

BackFromDC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 19, 2023
    Jeffersonville
    I got the fondle them at the NRA convention. We won’t be disappointed.

My ship date got bumped out to May 5. Par for the course for Optics Planet to play games with ship dates on new products.
    Saw them at the NRA show in Indy as well and was pretty impressed. I talked to their rep and they did confirm they'd have an external 2032 battery model that's user serviceable. I don't know whether they get released/shipped on the same time.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Wonder window size compared to Romeo 5.
    Just checked one supposed review on YT, said not rated for handgun recoil. Bummer.
    Looking for something to put on Contender.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    I contacted Holosun today to inquire about their shipping date for the SCRS sights and was told sometime in July, we'll see if that holds true or not.

Last edited:

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Mine finally showed up two days ago. I took it out of the package and looked through it. The reticle is really crisp and super bright. The build quality (including the lower 1/3 co-witness riser) is really impressive. Nice feel to the side buttons for brightness and reticle type settings. Has anyone else gotten theirs yet? And if so, have you checked it out?

Top Bottom