Lpenni

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Big box stores

Last Sunday my wife and I were shopping at a big box store. My wife was looking at clothes so I walked over to the gun counter. I noticed there was a 22 magnum rifle that I have been looking for. I asked the clerk if I could see it and he handed me the rifle. I was looking it over and decided to buy it. Just as I told the clerk "I'll take it" my wife just happened to walk up to the gun counter to see what I was doing. Time for me to stand my ground so I filled out the paper work in front of my wife. The clerk called in my info then hung up the phone and told me my purchase was on hold untill the 29th. I was dissapointed but this was to be my first gun purchase in Indiana since I moved here from Illinois in February. In Illinois I had a valid FOID card and never had a problem. I have my Indiana drivers license and I'm regestered to vote. I moved into a new subdivision that is not on Mapquest or GPS. Maybe this is the reason I was put on hold? I'm going back to the store Friday. Wish me Luck.
    The Big Box store is probably your problem, If the Check system is busy the clerk was probably "put on hold" and did not want to wait! Just a guess, because I've never been put on hold. But I've heard it can take all day sometimes at the 1500, due to the volume of calls the system gets overwhelmed and the current congress will probably not provide any additional funding to help speed up the process. Thats just me and my natural distrust in the current state of our Gov. :ingo:

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I got held once. 3 days and the shop released it to me. It was a purchase on november 1 1998 and 3 other people got held up at that gun shop the same day. I think they were just to busy, First saturday in November.

alc1985

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Burns Harbor by the Dunes
    Actually, I did purchase a handgun in November 2008 in Illinois and only had to wait the normal 3 days. Do all of the 50 states firearm purchases go through NICS or because Ill has a FOID card that is issued by the state police it is not required?
    The clerk did give me the address of the FBI NICS Section and suggested I write to the appeal services team. He also gave me the 877 number to call the NICS to check myself. He said they usually don't give the store a reason for the hold but he has never asked for the reason.

Top Bottom