• ...and so much more!
  • alc1985

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Burns Harbor by the Dunes
    Last Sunday my wife and I were shopping at a big box store. My wife was looking at clothes so I walked over to the gun counter. I noticed there was a 22 magnum rifle that I have been looking for. I asked the clerk if I could see it and he handed me the rifle. I was looking it over and decided to buy it. Just as I told the clerk "I'll take it" my wife just happened to walk up to the gun counter to see what I was doing. Time for me to stand my ground so I filled out the paper work in front of my wife. The clerk called in my info then hung up the phone and told me my purchase was on hold untill the 29th. I was dissapointed but this was to be my first gun purchase in Indiana since I moved here from Illinois in February. In Illinois I had a valid FOID card and never had a problem. I have my Indiana drivers license and I'm regestered to vote. I moved into a new subdivision that is not on Mapquest or GPS. Maybe this is the reason I was put on hold? I'm going back to the store Friday. Wish me Luck.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I saw a guy get put on hold the other day. You could see in his face that he wanted to say, "I don't have a record" or something to that affect; however, the dealer quickly told him that it happens sometimes for no apparent reason and if he didn't hear from the store by [insert date] he could come and pick up his gun.

Gpfury86

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    I bought a handgun at a gun shop a couple weeks ago and took about 2 mins after they called it in and I was good to go.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Federal NICS holds really are quite random and have absolutely nothing to do with having a FOID (Firearm Owner IDentification card for Illinois) or any other state level license.

Happened to me only once so far. The bummer is if you are buying out of town, you have to drive back in a few days to pick it up. :noway:

Thumper

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    South Indy
    Federal NICS holds really are quite random and have absolutely nothing to do with having a FOID (Firearm Owner IDentification card for Illinois) or any other state level license.

Happened to me only once so far. The bummer is if you are buying out of town, you have to drive back in a few days to pick it up. :noway:
    I get delayed quiete often and never broke a rule

iam1096

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    Ohio
    I aways use my SS # on my 4473. If I don't I get delayed. I have only been delayed when not using it. I checked myself and there is some that gives a hit on my name and with my SS # it clears it right away.

Top Bottom