• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 99zhuggerz99

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2008
    McCordsville
    I just got an email from Remington about a new rifle "coming soon" but left no details. anyone have any info? google search nets a bunch of ideas, but didn't know if someone on here has the low down at all?

xfrostybeersx

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    C.P.
    Yeah I just got that email too. If you look close on the image it states 30-06, 165 gr, and show 5 shots grouped close at 100yds.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Probably a Feinstein approved single shot bolt and slide action with a barrel bent so that the rounds go no more than 2 feet in front of the shooter.

Sirshredalot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 15, 2011
    Muncie
    Could be something to compete with the lower cost Savage and Ruger.

Have you priced savage or ruger stuff recently?...remington is actually the least expensive of the three currently.

The ruger american, savage axis, and rem 770 excluded....theyre all about the same price...with the ruger being highest by a small amount.

God bless
    -Shred

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I just read about it in the new G&A issue I received yesterday. All it said was something new and it would be announced Jan. 1st.

From the article. "For those shooters looking for an exciting combination of accuracy. And velocity in a low recoil package, let's just say that you won't be disappointed."
    ".....you will be reading about a review about the new cartridge/rifle combo in an upcoming issue."

Last edited:

myloudfamily

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Picked up the rem 770 .308 not the smoothest bolt action out the box but I still have break in time to go.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Prediction

Bearing in mind the rumor that Remington was going to stop production of ammo, brass, and rifles in .17 Fireball, I predict a 700 clone with a tupperware stock and a crummy trigger chambered for the new .17 Hornady Hornet. Savage has catalogued a rifle for the .17 HH for a couple of months and Match Grade Machine has been chambering, and rechambering, Contender barrels for it since the ammo hit the market.

Two things will keep me away if that's what it is. It will say Remington somewhere on the gun and I am too deeply invested in the .17 Fireball to abandon it.

william

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Fishers
    Is the .17 HH a rimfire? I read somewhere that Remington is introducing a new rimfire cartridge at the shot show.

Spot Me 2

Expert
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Bearing in mind the rumor that Remington was going to stop production of ammo, brass, and rifles in .17 Fireball, I predict a 700 clone with a tupperware stock and a crummy trigger chambered for the new .17 Hornady Hornet. Savage has catalogued a rifle for the .17 HH for a couple of months and Match Grade Machine has been chambering, and rechambering, Contender barrels for it since the ammo hit the market.

Two things will keep me away if that's what it is. It will say Remington somewhere on the gun and I am too deeply invested in the .17 Fireball to abandon it.

Well since the target they show says the bullet is 165gns I don't think that is correct.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    I'm kind of disappointed in the decision Remington made to go with another price point rifle. I was hoping for 700 with DM on all styles or SOMETHING. I hate Cheap looking rifles. Unfortunately, this doesn't look to be much different than the 770. :rolleyes:

skimmer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2012
    hard to beat rem if your thinking of upgrading to a match barrel and better stock. Sooooo many custom parts for the rem 700 :)

just finish building a rem 700 in 300 wsm with a shilen match barrel, bell and clarson stock, CDI percision drop bottom mag. sweat :)

Top Bottom