• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Does anyone, I mean anyone know when the new line of rifles are coming out?

Bushmaster ACR-I have been on their website countless times and thought that this was coming out this month. I can't find anything on it anywhere. Bushmaster's site says in the second quarter of 08. Well we're here and there is no word yet.

FN SCAR-This was rumored to be here in 07 or 08 but I haven't seen or heard a peep on it. I thought that this was going to be my next .308.

HK 416-I seem to think that this isn't getting released in the US for us Civi's. Awesome rifle here but I can't find anything on it.

Anyone have any info?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    turn, this is the gun culture. No other business lies to its customer base so regularly and yet its clients beg for more. I call it the "Beaten Gun Owner Syndrome".

Until you put your foot on the weapon, it is vaporware. I still remember Bill Ruger telling me about the XGI, and yet I still awat this new rifle design.

Until it is in your hands, it does not exist. Bird in the hand and all that.:)

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    The Bushmaster ACR (also known as the Magpul Masada) is due to be released late this year.

The FN SCAR LIGHT will be available 3rd quarter this year according to a recent interview with the US marketing director for FN (broadcast on Shooting Gallery). There was a FN SCAR LIGHT civilian legal version available for viewing at the SHOT show in Las Vegas. No word on the SCAR HEAVY version.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    I really hope that isn't the case here Kirk. I hope that each of the companies involved take advantage of the current laws to put out some excellent rifles!

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    turn, wait and see. Gun owners have been burned dozens upon dozens of times by the firearms industry.

In the back of reptile mind, I think Bushmaster bought the Masada just to keep it off the market, like Winchester did with many of John Browning's designs. We'll see if have a release date followed by delays just like the Ruger XGI (no, I haven't let that go even after all this time).

I call it "Beaten Gun Owner Syndrome"--we just keep coming back and we get clobbered time after time. Oh, they love us really, they just had a bad day. After he sobers up and gets a job, we'll be a happy family again.

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    I like looking at new stuff.... But Ill let one of you guys be the testers...lol Thats usually a lot of money for un-proven designs. But man they look cool. Like that new ruger AR.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    So was Kirk right? Did bushmaster buy it to shelve it?

No, Bushmaster bought it, then chose to develop it for the military first (thus indefinitely delaying civilian availability), then punted it to Remington. Development continues, just not on the commercial side of the house. Hopefully that will change once the military finishes going through the motions of selecting a new rifle, only to end up deciding to keep the M4 for another couple decades. :n00b:

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Any word on these new rifles? Has the Ruger came out? When will we start to see some of the new HK's?

Again, I have lost all hope for the ACR. Hopefully Magpul won't sell the Massoud to Bushmaster. We might get to shoot that rifle then.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    I was interested in a SCAR until I found out how harsh the recoil is. Currently it will destroy most optics put on it. Until that's sorted out. I'm not interested. I like the idea of one, have pawed one over pretty good (not shot), but the recoil impulse is a deal-breaker for me at this point.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I was interested in a SCAR until I found out how harsh the recoil is. Currently it will destroy most optics put on it.

That's the first I've heard of issues with recoil; can you cite a source? 5.56 is hardly the Hammer of the Gods. ;)

Pat Rogers is currently wringing out a SCAR-16S and will have a full write-up in a future issue of SWAT magazine. He doesn't exactly go easy on his T&E gear, so it should provide a pretty good picture of what the gun is like and how it will hold up to prolonged/harsh use. His test gun is currently wearing an Aimpoint Micro and no problems have been reported.

168461326871.JPG

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    I've only shot one SCAR (thanks 4pww9) and I didn't find the recoil to be anything, even shooting it from a bench. It felt significantly less than recoil from an M-16, which is pretty light to begin with.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    That's the first I've heard of issues with recoil; can you cite a source?

I'm not sure I'm at liberty to say. The info does come directly from someone working on the issue if that helps. I think it was the heavy version causing issues. I can't imagine the light version would, but I can confirm that if folks are interested.

Top Bottom