• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SmokinSigs357

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    What he said. Plus, I'd prefer to drive 50 minutes to Blythes in Valpo than 15 minutes to that ghetto place in Glenwood. If Pelcher ever opened a range there, I'd go there for sure.

Any word on the indoor range @ Issac Walton in M-Ville? How is it, etc? Or, does one even exist...thought about joining IWL or should I go out to Chesterton?

Anyway, I'll be finding out from my buddy if a bid was accepted tonight or not.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    What he said. Plus, I'd prefer to drive 50 minutes to Blythes in Valpo than 15 minutes to that ghetto place in Glenwood. If Pelcher ever opened a range there, I'd go there for sure.

Any word on the indoor range @ Issac Walton in M-Ville? How is it, etc? Or, does one even exist...thought about joining IWL or should I go out to Chesterton?

Anyway, I'll be finding out from my buddy if a bid was accepted tonight or not.

I was at the Issac Walton in M-Ville for the indoor range and believe is is only for .22 and .38?. Only four or five people at a time. There is also an indoor range at the IWL in Portage by Bass Pro and Burnes Ditch.

jb1911

Expert
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Dyer, IN
    jb yes that is correct - mancinos was the north tenant years ago then some politician
    now Larry remodeled it and moved the store in that space, the old space being refurbed for a range - they even did some exterior work too. They seemed pretty excited about the air handler were working on getting the steel installed in the ceiling............. we'll see in a couple of months how it turns out

Thanks. I'm going to have to go there and talk to him about it. I'll check back here if and when I do.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I was at the Issac Walton in M-Ville for the indoor range and believe is is only for .22 and .38?. Only four or five people at a time. There is also an indoor range at the IWL in Portage by Bass Pro and Burnes Ditch.

Correct sort of.

Issac W in M-Ville does have indoor range.
    All handgun calibers are allowed,
    Long gun in handgun calibers OK.

It is a small indoor range and you could fit at most 5 people. More like 4 MAX at a time. They have a moveable stand you can use or push to the side and shoot. Since it's a private range you could do movement, move to/from target, etc.

Most of the members at this Issac W are skeet/trap shooters so the indoor range is not used that much. There is also a fee $5 fee when you use it. This helps cover the cost of replacing the material in the range (back stop).

More info and pics here:
    Glen Park Izaak Walton League - Merrillville Indiana

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    IWL_Merrillville... actually known as Glen Park...

Don't think your suppose to use magnum calibers in the indoor but it's been a long time since I was a member...

Rather put money in a Indiana ranges pockets and not take the chance of loosing my firearms going across the thin red line...

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    Thanks for the clarification. I knew Chuck around 10-12 years ago. I know he moved to Arkansas or Oklahoma or something, but I didn't know the details surrounding the departure.

Chuck's parents moved to Arkansas about 12 years ago. IIRC he eventually followed them down.

Top Bottom