• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • octalman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2010
    Congratulations. Nice looking range and great to have another indoor option. Hope you are right about not hitting the walls. Unfortunately, have seen a couple ranges that ended up hanging rubber/soft panels along the walls after the block walls became chewed up with impacts. Hope it is a great success.

Indyvet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    really I'm just curious how controlled that type of thing was. You guys handled my FFL and I plan to be back to pick up an OWB holster for it. I would love to do something in my basement for 9mm use and was interested in what setup you guys used.
    Just being funny. It is a steel structure filled with ground up rubber couple of feet deep and we have a block wall built behind that and steel lined on the walls. Steel and wood lined up on one wall and 6 inch thick concrete block for the other wall. Probably overkill but nothing is getting out of the range. As far a s a basement goes, I am sure you could do the same thing but I am not sure what would be entailed as far as if the city found out or whatever. I do know zoning is an issue. We were already zoned for it but from what I hear if you are trying to rezone a property for one, it's not going to happen.

Indyvet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    What are the prices for range use? Will memberships be offered?
    Ultimately it will be 8 dollars per half hour. At the moment when it opens we are running specials for awhile like a 10 1/2 hour range pass for 50 dollars, if you mention ingo, it's 40. We will be offering other packages and deals as well. There will be no memberships offered at this time. I don't like them personally. From a business standpoint, it would be good to have a large amount of money come in at once but I don't like the idea of people bumping people when they have been waiting to shoot. If you come in and we tell you, you will be shooting in 1/2 hour, in a 1/2 hour you are shooting. Not in a 1/2 hour a member comes in, gets head of the line and bumps you back another 1/2 hour. We want everyone to have an opporutnity to shoot.

RangeJunkie

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Geist
    Ultimately it will be 8 dollars per half hour. At the moment when it opens we are running specials for awhile like a 10 1/2 hour range pass for 50 dollars, if you mention ingo, it's 40. We will be offering other packages and deals as well. There will be no memberships offered at this time. I don't like them personally. From a business standpoint, it would be good to have a large amount of money come in at once but I don't like the idea of people bumping people when they have been waiting to shoot. If you come in and we tell you, you will be shooting in 1/2 hour, in a 1/2 hour you are shooting. Not in a 1/2 hour a member comes in, gets head of the line and bumps you back another 1/2 hour. We want everyone to have an opporutnity to shoot.

Sounds awesome! I look forward to meeting you in the near future. Keep us updated on when your open! On another note, are you located by the O'Reillys?

vaughn

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 4, 2011
    greenwood
    i have been looking for someplace close to home , hope you open soon, can i bring the kids in and i know you said up to 45, i just got my mak90 7.62 x 39 and dont know if it falls below or above a 45 , ive still got that learning curve thanks

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    Sounds awesome! I look forward to meeting you in the near future. Keep us updated on when your open! On another note, are you located by the O'Reillys?

Yes - they are just north of Oreilly Auto Parts, across the road from McDonald's.

i have been looking for someplace close to home , hope you open soon, can i bring the kids in and i know you said up to 45, i just got my mak90 7.62 x 39 and dont know if it falls below or above a 45 , ive still got that learning curve thanks

7.62x39 is a high powered rifle round and will not be allowed in this range. Fun gun, but you'll have to use a rifle range for it.

andfc

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I stopped by Indy Trading Post for the first time today - the range looks great, even though it's not quite done, and I went ahead and pre-purchased range time. I wish I had looked at this thread before I went so I could have saved $10! Oh well.

What kinds of rentals will you be offering?

Indyvet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    I stopped by Indy Trading Post for the first time today - the range looks great, even though it's not quite done, and I went ahead and pre-purchased range time. I wish I had looked at this thread before I went so I could have saved $10! Oh well.

Right now I have a couple of glocks, a springfield, a revolver, and will be adding some more stuff to the pile here shortly.

Indyvet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    The kids will be welcome, of course you have to stay with them for safety. The 7.62x39 will not be allowed.

Indyvet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Yes we are one building over to the north on the same side of the street as the o reily's Several of those guys are customers as well. Across the street from McDonalds

Indyvet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009

When you come back in come see me or let one of the guys know. We'll take care of you on that.

rdg

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Fishers
    Interested in purchasing range time for Christmas gift!!! Any way to go online and do this or do I need to come down in person. I live NE side of Indy.

Thanks for giving us another place to shoot, and reasonable rates too! Looking forward to coming down.

Indyvet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Interested in purchasing range time for Christmas gift!!! Any way to go online and do this or do I need to come down in person. I live NE side of Indy.

Thanks for giving us another place to shoot, and reasonable rates too! Looking forward to coming down.
    You can call the shop and pay for it with a credit card over the phone. 317-782-4867. Make sure whoever answers gets your address and we will mail it to you.

Top Bottom