• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1Walter1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2013
    Mooresville, In.
    Just placed in layaway a NIB CZ 75 BD. I have wanted one for a while and am happy with my decision to finally have this issue resolved.

I really like my CZ 82 chambered in 9X18 Makarov but wanted to up grade. Now what to do with the 82? Will get the 75 out of layaway shortly after Dec 1st.

New shooting range opening in Avon, In. later this month and looking into setting up practice times. Only time will tell.

Really enjoy reading the forum daily. Lots of interesting info here.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Where did you find a NIB CZ75?

I keep reading that they're unobtainium.

They are harder to find than Glocks that is for sure. But they are around if you look. Bradis had a couple in the case last time I was there.

OP congrats on the new CZ! The 75 is a sweet pistol indeed.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    not trying to be smart but why do you say that? What makes this true?

I have stated this over and over in threads about CZ pistols. If one were so inclined it would not be hard to do a little research and find the answer yourself.

http://cz-usa.com/press-releases/102/

The CZ-75 is one of, if not the most, widely issued sidearms in the world. Over 60 countries and counting are using the CZ-75 as their issue sidearm for police and military. Only recently have they started switching to the P-01 which is an updated 75 compact. CZs have been NATO tested, tortured, abused and used in some of the harshest conditions in the world and have proven, in combat, to be a very reliable pistol. It even beat the Glock and, not really any surprise though, it beat the Beretta M9 in the NATO testing. The CZ 75 is the second most cloned pistol on the planet. Second only to the 1911. The feel of the grip angle and overall comfort of the platform is legendary. Its like all the best parts from the 1911 and the Browning High Power put into one pistol but then improved upon in almost every way. Except the factory trigger. The factory trigger does kinda suck but it isn't a target pistol anyway. Though it can be. The CZ 75 Shadow is a regular top contender in any pistol match in the world due to its predictable reliability and remarkable accuracy.

The CZ-75 is a world class gun no doubt. We Americans just tend to write them off as some funky foreign import pistol. But once you do a little range time with one. You will understand.

Last edited:

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    The factory triggers are nothing to brag about on stock CZs that's for sure. Comparing them side by side to my Sigs well isn't even close. CZ does make a fine pistol though, but I don't feel like dropping more money into a trigger. Definitely not hating on the CZ as I have 3 still(P-O1,SP-01,PCR). YMMV

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    I have stated this over and over in threads about CZ pistols. If one were so inclined it would not be hard to do a little research and find the answer yourself.

CZ-USA -> CZ P-01 gets NATO approval. The next Generation of perfect pistols

The CZ-75 is one of, if not the most, widely issued sidearms in the world. Over 60 countries and counting are using the CZ-75 as their issue sidearm for police and military. Only recently have they started switching to the P-01 which is an updated 75 compact. CZs have been NATO tested, tortured, abused and used in some of the harshest conditions in the world and have proven, in combat, to be a very reliable pistol. It even beat the Glock and, not really any surprise though, it beat the Beretta M9 in the NATO testing. The CZ 75 is the second most cloned pistol on the planet. Second only to the 1911. The feel of the grip angle and overall comfort of the platform is legendary. Its like all the best parts from the 1911 and the Browning High Power put into one pistol but then improved upon in almost every way. Except the factory trigger. The factory trigger does kinda suck but it isn't a target pistol anyway. Though it can be. The CZ 75 Shadow is a regular top contender in any pistol match in the world due to its predictable reliability and remarkable accuracy.

The CZ-75 is a world class gun no doubt. We Americans just tend to write them off as some funky foreign import pistol. But once you do a little range time with one. You will understand.
    So, what your saying is the CZ-75 is the Harley Davidson of firearms. , , , lol sorry man couldn't help myself. But you are right , one of the best weapons in the world!!

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    So, what your saying is the CZ-75 is the Harley Davidson of firearms. , , ,

:facepalm:

No the 1911 would be the Harley of pistols.

The CZ-75 would be more like well the CZ of motorcycles. ;)

cz_racer3.jpg

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    The Czechs make two things exceptionally well; beer and guns.

In their day the CZ dirt bikes were the bikes to have. Until the Japanese starting putting so much R&D money into it that no one else could keep up.

But today Czech beer and Czech guns are both pretty damn good.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I've got the P-01, which has a decocker. It's the one gun I've had that I plan to keep indefinitely, I shoot it better than anything else I've ever handled or owned. It feels like it was made just for my hands, awesome palm swells even with the stock rubber grips, and really nice recoil. I'm not crazy about the stock sights, but otherwise, it's almost hard to shoot badly with this gun. Definitely a CZ fan!

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I've got the P-01, which has a decocker. It's the one gun I've had that I plan to keep indefinitely, I shoot it better than anything else I've ever handled or owned. It feels like it was made just for my hands, awesome palm swells even with the stock rubber grips, and really nice recoil. I'm not crazy about the stock sights, but otherwise, it's almost hard to shoot badly with this gun. Definitely a CZ fan!

There are a lot of options for sights. I suggest that you go to cajungunworks and look at what he has to offer. Careful though, you just mind find some other stuff you didn't know you needed.

Top Bottom