• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Well after seeing a thread last week in a post about the Just Right Carbine, I decided to abandon my carbine project of purchasing a MechTech CCU upper and a Glock 22 and using the frame from the G22 with the MechTech because after some thought with the way used prices on Glocks are, and the cost of getting the CCU the way I wanted, it was going to run over 900.00.

That was a price I was not wanting to shell out.

Sooooo....

Today I stopped in Bradis and pick up a newly shipped in (Thanks Shooter521) Just Right Carbine in 9mm, with the intention of buying the .40 conversion kit for it later.

I'm planning on equipping this with a holo sight and later on a 3-9x30 for some farther (100 yard) plinking and also planning on getting a different grip for it.

Hopefully a full AAR will follow if I can get out and shoot this for function and fun either Sat or Sunday morning before the Super Bowl.

But for the mean time here's a small sampling of pics (sorry about the quality).

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Mine is in the shop right now because it was having trouble going fully into battery. I suspect the chamber is a little short or maybe a little oval shaped, so any crud at all is a problem.

Aside from that (which I expect will be fixed soon), I really like mine. It shoots really nicely and I can get good groups with iron sights (Magpul MBUS) at 25 yards offhand without trouble.

You will like this gun.

Ultimately, I think these carbines might be ideal for going the SBR paperwork route, adding a supressor, and making it a really nice home defense weapon. This is especially so for people who already shoot a G-Lock in the same caliber.

IndyBeerman

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Mine is in the shop right now because it was having trouble going fully into battery. I suspect the chamber is a little short or maybe a little oval shaped, so any crud at all is a problem.

Aside from that (which I expect will be fixed soon), I really like mine. It shoots really nicely and I can get good groups with iron sights (Magpul MBUS) at 25 yards offhand without trouble.

You will like this gun.

Ultimately, I think these carbines might be ideal for going the SBR paperwork route, adding a supressor, and making it a really nice home defense weapon. This is especially so for people who already shoot a G-Lock in the same caliber.

Hope it gets fixed soon for you Rhino, I've seen a couple of things on the interwebz but nothing really disappointing with any reviews about it.

How long have you had it, and how many rounds has it ate?

Besides outfitting it with a holo sight and maybe something a little stronger to tackle 2 liters at long range, I'm really thinking of getting the barrel threaded and getting a suppressor for it.

I'm also thinking of throwing a Magpul angled forward grip and maybe a Hogue overmolded rubber grip if it will fit. Along with them, I have a spare sling that I no longer use for my AR since I went with a single point, so I have the pic rail sling mount I can throw on there with the old sling if I decided I want to trudge around in the woods with it.

Trick it out a little.:D

Have you thought about any of the conversions for it?

I'm leaning towards getting the .40 cal if I like this as much as I think I am.

IndyBeerman

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    That thing is begging for a Primary Arms Micro. . . .

Will it accept a Magpul grip and stock?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Hope it gets fixed soon for you Rhino, I've seen a couple of things on the interwebz but nothing really disappointing with any reviews about it.

How long have you had it, and how many rounds has it ate?

My records say 402 rounds. I think that's pretty close to it, although I may have missed a day when G-Man and I fired quite a few 33-rd mags through it.

Have you thought about any of the conversions for it?

I was unaware of caliber conversion! They don't really interest me, though. This project is about shooting less expensive factory ammo and having reasonably similar controls and feel to my AR. I also like that it will use the same mags as my Glock 9mms.

If it runs well after the chamber gets sorted out, I'm probably going to shoot the crap out of it for a while, then think about doing the SBR thing with a can on the end.

That thing is begging for a Primary Arms Micro. . . .

Will it accept a Magpul grip and stock?

It should. The grip and stock/buffer tube are AR parts.

The only accessories mine has are Magpul MBUS sights and a quick release Tango Down short fore grip that I got for $50.

IndyBeerman

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Snip
    I was unaware of caliber conversion! They don't really interest me, though. This project is about shooting less expensive factory ammo and having reasonably similar controls and feel to my AR. I also like that it will use the same mags as my Glock 9mms.

I only stumbled across the conversion after going to the JR website to look it over. I'm only thinking of the .40 conversion because I'm thinking of just how fast I could push a 135gr .40 cal out of it.:D
    If it runs well after the chamber gets sorted out, I'm probably going to shoot the crap out of it for a while, then think about doing the SBR thing with a can on the end.
    You know pics will be required!

It should. The grip and stock/buffer tube are AR parts.
    This could get interesting!

I think after we get these tricked out, we need to grab some gangster style hats strike a pose and take a classic pic.

Eat your heart out Kirk!

IndyBeerman

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Well because of where my buddy lives and it being wet it was a no-go for being able to shoot today. So I may look into either heading to maybe Indy Trading Posts new indoor range or hope for better weather next weekend because tomorrow is out of the question. I got a Super Bowl party to attend and help out with tomorrow!:D

So I dug through the safe/closet area today and found an old Sight Mark Holo that I may have fixed it's intermittent on/off problem (won't know until I get recoil on it) and attached it, along with my old pic rail sling mount and my 3 way sling that I'm not real fond of and it's looking like this for the moment.

(crappy cell pic, lighting was bad)
    picture.php

Even though I like this foregrip, I've grown attached to my multiple angle grip I have on my AR. Still going to buy the Magpul AFG and check it out.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    JR sells a threaded barrel for $95.00.

I have one and have a problem with it going into battery also. I found that the extractor was cutt too deep in the bolt and hitting the case end instead of sliding over it. I still need to send mine in. I only have about 15 rounds down her....

Was yours stopping just short of going fully into battery? That's how mine was. You couldn't tell if you didn't look really closely. It was out just enough for the firing pin to not hit the primer (or not move at all).

IndyBeerman

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    JR sells a threaded barrel for $95.00.

I have one and have a problem with it going into battery also. I found that the extractor was cutt too deep in the bolt and hitting the case end instead of sliding over it. I still need to send mine in. I only have about 15 rounds down her....

Was yours stopping just short of going fully into battery? That's how mine was. You couldn't tell if you didn't look really closely. It was out just enough for the firing pin to not hit the primer (or not move at all).

Guys you're giving me an uneasy feeling, I'm hoping that if I can get out and shake it down this weekend that there will be no problem.

Meanwhile, she's strutting the new Magpul AFG2 and a NC Star Holo, really like that AFG2, has a great feel to it. Also the NC Star is about 5 times brighter than the SiteMark that I had bought real cheap.

JRC11.jpg

Last edited:

andfc

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Indianapolis

Dwight D

Marksman
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Both IN and FL
    I sure hope these turn out to be decent rifles. I like the look and feel and actually found a used one at a local shop, was looking it over considering it but it obviously had some problems. The whole bolt assembly was so tight, it was bound up somehow. Not just a lube issue, this sucker was so tight I wonder if it had ever worked right. Made me wonder if that was the reason it was back up for sale again. Kinda sittin on the fence now to see how these little carbines pan out.

smythe012

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99.3%
    148   1   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Northwest Indiana
    I just picked up one of these last week as well. Having a 9mm carbine that takes the same mags as my G17 was too tempting, and I haven't had the best with Keltec. I'm planning on shoveling some rounds through it in the next few days, I'll let you know how it goes.

If all goes according to plan then this is definitely going the SBR/ suppressor route.

Top Bottom