• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drop45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    My empire of dirt
    Our proud members of Congress (mounopana); in Greek, Just voted to up our debt limit by a scant one TRILLION dollars, so to join in the "celebration" tomorrow morning I'm going to get on SS disability,food stamps,welfare, and unemployment. If you can't beat them, might just as well join them.

Last edited:

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    Let us know how it goes for you. I've heard quite a bit of complaining about what people here call the "entitlement class" but am not yet convinced by claims that it's trivial to live the high life on the public dime. Last I checked poverty was still a soul-crushing hardship rarely fixable by yanking on one's own bootstraps.

squidvt

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    Southport, IN
    Let us know how it goes for you. I've heard quite a bit of complaining about what people here call the "entitlement class" but am not yet convinced by claims that it's trivial to live the high life on the public dime. Last I checked poverty was still a soul-crushing hardship rarely fixable by yanking on one's own bootstraps.

My Ex's family lives very well on the Public Dole, and I mean VERY well. The lazy ******* plays WoW, smokes dope, has better food then most of us eat. I've seen it first hand.
    BTW they also have no issue with taking that many and are PROUD of it most of the time.

Streak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    A lot of times people get more money off the government's dime than if they actually worked. Is this a wage or a welfare problem?

Really? I'm middle class, I've never met a "government leech" who could afford what I can afford. Most of them seem to live in trailers or in ****ty neighborhoods. They eat Doritos, do drugs, and wear Walmart brand clothing. I have custom tailored suits for work, eat well, just built a $1K+ desktop, am paying my student loans, have an apartment, and am saving up for a wedding.

Maybe you should actually go out an meet some of these people who you talk about.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    Really? I'm middle class, I've never met a "government leech" who could afford what I can afford. Most of them seem to live in trailers or in ****ty neighborhoods. They eat Doritos, do drugs, and wear Walmart brand clothing. I have custom tailored suits for work, eat well, just built a $1K+ desktop, am paying my student loans, have an apartment, and am saving up for a wedding.

Maybe you should actually go out an meet some of these people who you talk about.

The people I speak of are not middle class at all. What I'm saying is I've seen people get more from unemployment and food stamps than if they just worked a minimum wage job. I feel like if bottom earners earned enough they wouldn't need welfare.

Streak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    The people I speak of are not middle class at all. What I'm saying is I've seen people get more from unemployment and food stamps than if they just worked a minimum wage job. I feel like if bottom earners earned enough they wouldn't need welfare.

Most minimum wage holders are on food stamps. Minimum wage does not provide a livable wage. I'm unsure, but were you suggesting a minimum wage increase or another proposition for bottom earners to earn more money?

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    Most minimum wage holders are on food stamps. Minimum wage does not provide a livable wage. I'm unsure, but were you suggesting a minimum wage increase or another proposition for bottom earners to earn more money?

Minimum wage increase, or at least tie it to inflation. I know someone who just started to work at Walmart and day 1 training consisted of how to apply for food stamps and other assistance, and that disgusts me to no end. Jobs should pay well enough so that welfare is unnecessary.

squidvt

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    Southport, IN

Oh hey lets try this! Lets make the Minimum wage be $30/hr, and impliment a maximum wage of $35/hr. No one needs to make more then $250 a year. There is no way they can spend it all, or they will blow it all on the stuff only the 1% want.

squidvt

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    Southport, IN
    That's a terrible idea.

Well with the way Obama and the Politicians in Washington are running things that is where we are going. Also I was being sarcastic and saying what some groups really want. I think it's a horrible idea. However, the talk of a "Living Wage" is really just the same issue. Market Forces generally will bring prices down and wages up. Lets also not forget that government subsidies help make the price of some things really low for no real reason other then "Tradition".

I would prefer 90% of the controls put in place by Washington get removed.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    Well with the way Obama and the Politicians in Washington are running things that is where we are going. Also I was being sarcastic and saying what some groups really want. I think it's a horrible idea. However, the talk of a "Living Wage" is really just the same issue. Market Forces generally will bring prices down and wages up. Lets also not forget that government subsidies help make the price of some things really low for no real reason other then "Tradition".

I would prefer 90% of the controls put in place by Washington get removed.

Keyword is generally. It should, but it doesn't all the time. Prices and wages change for thousands of reasons, but in terms of real money, not nominal, wages have been stagnant at best for a long time now. Technically the minimum wage is at its highest, but could you buy the same stuff as opposed to what it was 20 years ago with the wage of that time? Not really.

koutsevil

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    San Pierre, IN
    Minimum wage increase, or at least tie it to inflation. I know someone who just started to work at Walmart and day 1 training consisted of how to apply for food stamps and other assistance, and that disgusts me to no end. Jobs should pay well enough so that welfare is unnecessary.

That is communist Wally World for ya! Government programs and 38 hours a week for minimum wage. I do not like their business practices and do not shop ther.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    Let me tell you how it's done. First off the single mother with kids gets "SECTION 8" that's free housing & she will let the father of her kids stay with her for free, everything will be under his name, she will get foodstamps. She will stay with the kids during the day time while the kids father works & at night he will baby sit the kids while she works at the strip club & not pay any taxes on the ill gotten money she made. The kids father will be driving a nice car & have nice wood furniture.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    I just had this discussion the other day. The other person said that we should increase minimum wage to $10 an hour. When I mentioned that inflation would go up right along with minimum wage, he said it would be negligible. :n00b:

Streak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    Oh hey lets try this! Lets make the Minimum wage be $30/hr, and impliment a maximum wage of $35/hr. No one needs to make more then $250 a year. There is no way they can spend it all, or they will blow it all on the stuff only the 1% want.

What the hell are you talking about? I was asking a question.

Streak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    Keyword is generally. It should, but it doesn't all the time. Prices and wages change for thousands of reasons, but in terms of real money, not nominal, wages have been stagnant at best for a long time now. Technically the minimum wage is at its highest, but could you buy the same stuff as opposed to what it was 20 years ago with the wage of that time? Not really.

That's really it though. For most people, wages have basically flatlined (not counting the bare increases for inflation) over the last 20 years. Meanwhile CEO and upper executive pay has skyrocketed. Today's people are doing more work for less money than people were 30-50+ years ago.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom