• ...and so much more!
  • Spanky46151

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Martinsville
    Noticing the prices dropping quickly on "assault" weaponry & accessories. Looks like lots of "investors" will be taking a fiscal bath shortly.

chuddly

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    Eminence, IN
    im good with that...I didnt buy durring the insanity. People looking to make a quick buck and even RAPE them with prices deserve to loose money.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    It should come as little surprise that when prices go through the roof over an artificial scarcity caused by an unsustainable spike in demand that prices will come back down, unless, or course, something happens to make artificial scarcity permanent (i.e., a ban).

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    IF anyone is selling at 'discounted' prices now, it's probably folks who bought before the panic, and are trying to realize some modest gain before sanity rules again.

It's still too early in the game for the speculators to cash out, methinks, although the withholding 'present' from the Prez may have some thinking twice about liquidity.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Muncie
    I agree that it is a little too early for them to cash out. The credit card bills are just now coming in. I am pretty sure the OP was just kidding b/c I haven't noticed any price drop from private sellers, LGS, or any inventory in the chain stores.

rbhargan

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2012
    Carmel/Liberty
    Received an email alert from CTD this morning that they had restocked their bulk .223 ammo (quantity="plenty") and were selling it for the low, low price of $999.99 for 1,000 rounds.

Thanks guys, but I think I will pass - or wait a little longer and purchase from someone else at a reasonable price.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    The CTD flyer I received in snail mail yesterday listed bulk American Eagle .223 for $399/1000 and Lake City $599/1000. I'm not a CTD fan but it did look like prices are receding a bit.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    I have noticed that uppers are again listed on a few web sites along with barrels etc as "in stock items". However at Brownells, when you look at the uppers they say it will be shipped direct from the manufacturer with a 180 day lead time. I did see .223 bullets in stock at a few places. Haven't found any 62 gr "pulls" yet.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I believe that the prices are coming down and staying down for a minute. The AWB bill hasn't even been brought to the floor yet. Once they have voted it up or down, I will draw my conclusions then. For some younger people this is their first round of panic buying and I hope they learn from it. For others it's a time to reflect and refine our current stocks of inventory.

Personally I thought I was good on 10-22 mags and by many peoples standards I am, but once they become available at reasonable prices again I'm going to buy another half dozen, along with some extra glock mags. As opimistic as I want to be, the prices aren't going to be coming down and staying down for a long time.

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    "... make artificial scarcity permanent ..."

Yup, Feinstein's fury, frenzy and ficked-uppedness is gonna result in a full-out ban, of everything that has ever been registered. Maybe there'll be a Grandfather clause to bring stuff up out of closets, but The Gun Ban is coming. IMHO. " μολὼν λαβέ! & dead cold hands " come in here somewhere. Also, "Get your damned tank off my lawn!"
    <snip> when prices go through the roof over an artificial scarcity caused by an unsustainable spike in demand that prices will come back down, unless, or course, something happens to make artificial scarcity permanent (i.e., a ban).

45acp223

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    SE IN.
    This too shall pass. Just hold tight guys and prices will come back down. I still can't find .223 locally, and when they do get a few boxes in, it's gone in a flash at usually $1 per shot of cheap Rem. which should be $0.40. Thanks, but no thanks, I'll pass and bide my time.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I have noticed that uppers are again listed on a few web sites along with barrels etc as "in stock items". However at Brownells, when you look at the uppers they say it will be shipped direct from the manufacturer with a 180 day lead time. I did see .223 bullets in stock at a few places. Haven't found any 62 gr "pulls" yet.

There was some on gunbroker yesterday, didn't pay attention to the price and wouldn't know what a good price is for them anyway.

Top Bottom