• Status
    Not open for further replies.

McGarnicle

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    NE Indy
    Hi All. This site has been a great resource in making my decision to purchase. I look forward to learning more.

I am a new owner and am learning to shoot. I am planning to head to Eagle Creek this weekend for some practice and would welcome any pointers/feedback. How is the crowd at EC this time of year? Any regular INGO groups meet there?

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Good catch Scutter!

Unfortunately, it seems to be a common belief, especially among people new to guns. Common sense ("common sense gun laws", anyone?) tells you that as long as it's field-stripped and locked up in a case, then it's legal. Unfortunately, the law rarely has anything to do with common sense.

McGarnicle

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    NE Indy
    :welcome:

Do you have your LTCH yet? You can't legally transport your handgun to a range without a license.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo..._self_defense/25254-asking_for_your_help.html

It's in process with the state, so I guess I'll be waiting another week or two. I'm just glad I applied a bit before I decided on what to purchase so it shouldn't be too long.

This kind of info is exactly what makes this site great! I was told "ammo and gun as far away from each other as possible is all LE cares about" by the dealer when I asked about transporting it home.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    It's in process with the state, so I guess I'll be waiting another week or two. I'm just glad I applied a bit before I decided on what to purchase so it shouldn't be too long.

This kind of info is exactly what makes this site great! I was told "ammo and gun as far away from each other as possible is all LE cares about" by the dealer when I asked about transporting it home.

The reality is that you'd probably be fine anyway, but "probably" isn't the same as "legal" and we, as gun owners, are very vocal about how we're among the most law-abiding. I'm glad to see you're in process. When did you apply? The ISP is currently running 10-12 weeks. Also note that you can always go to the range with someone who has a license, but they'll have to come pick you up.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I was told "ammo and gun as far away from each other as possible is all LE cares about" by the dealer when I asked about transporting it home.

Yeah, that's what we were afraid of. You'll see threads where others where told that, then but busted when pulled over.

I think you get one freeby, that is the initial transportation home from the gun shop, after that, I can't leave your home until you have the LTCH.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Yeah, that's what we were afraid of. You'll see threads where others where told that, then but busted when pulled over.

I think you get one freeby, that is the initial transportation home from the gun shop, after that, I can't leave your home until you have the LTCH.

Wow! There's a law that needs to be changed in a hurry! :laugh:

mikea46996

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Winamac

I think you get one freeby, that is the initial transportation home from the gun shop, after that, I can't leave your home until you have the LTCH.:n00b::n00b:

I was an idiot and let mine expire before I reapplied, ummmm I guess if that's the law I'm fine with it, but you have to keep **** clean I am kinda a neat freak. You had also better provide your own grub cause I have been know to eat PB&J for a week at a time cause I'm lazy.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom