• ...and so much more!
  • dmc0

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 31, 2024
    Indianapolis
    Top tier 9mm micro/slim compact pistols are the Sig P365/XL/Macro, Springfield Hellcat/Hellcat Pro, Glock 43x/48 and Smith & Wesson Shield Plus.

For a new shooter wanting a small pistol that is still relatively easy to shoot, I'd recommend the Shield Plus. I've owned all of the mentioned pistols, and the Shield Plus is the softest shooting and one of the best triggers. Shoots like a bigger pistol.

My EDC is a Hellcat or Hellcat Pro, but they are a bit snappier than the Shield Plus. I like them for their size/capacity ratio and mag capacity options. I've been shooting a long time, and don't mind the slightly more snappy recoil of the Hellcat series. I like the stock sights and grip texture.

P365 is an excellent platform, but a bit pricier than the others. Especially the Macro. But the XL in particular might be perfect for IWB carry and baby hands. Good trigger, too. Recoil is not bad, but might be a bit snappy for a new shooter.

Last, in my opinion, is the Glock 43x or 48. Nothing wrong with them, very durable and reliable platform. They are just a little low on capacity for their size (10+1) without resorting to iffy aftermarket mags. But if the capacity doesn't bother you, they are a solid choice.

Thank you kindly wise sir I will surely be doing my due diligence on all the options, hopefully I find my write and have you to thank. Have a great evening!

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Yeah I’m already learning a lot and it’s only been a day. I plan to really get into the community though especially with me being young I know it’s crucial to build up a true understanding before really getting into things and possibly become a hazard. I also plan to spread the knowledge and passion with my friends so I can try to at least create a safer world around me and for them. We are DEFINITELY caught up in finding a quick one size fits all solution (myself included) so it’s nice to hear abt the different process and niches in different peoples selections. Appreciate you taking the time to respond, you do the same and also have a blessed day!
    Positive forward is your best path. There are some folks who would love to ban or limit our freedoms, supporting the 2nd Amendment is all of ours to enjoy.
    By learning along the way, feel free to ask questions, and understand the many different opinions can help you decide. All firearm owners have forged their paths, I have made a few mistakes in the past too. That is called experience. Again, Good luck!

Top Bottom