• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Since I got an iPhone, I didn't need the iPod Touch any longer.
    I went into the "settings" and chose "erase iPod" to clear all settings/files/data.
    An internet search said to also plug it in (computer) and chose "restore" to scrub any residual data.
    I did.
    It's back to factory, as far as I understand.
    I gave it to MiniJet because hers was an 8 and this one is 16.
    She plugged it in to her computer, but can't access her iTune account, her email, or anything. It asks for her password to that specific account, but tells her it's wrong when she enters it.
    It's bringing up her username, but won't accept her password anywhere, including anything else she is trying to access.
    Any suggestions for me to pass along?

Cpl. Klinger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    The 4077th
    Since I got an iPhone, I didn't need the iPod Touch any longer.
    I went into the "settings" and chose "erase iPod" to clear all settings/files/data.
    An internet search said to also plug it in (computer) and chose "restore" to scrub any residual data.
    I did.
    It's back to factory, as far as I understand.
    I gave it to MiniJet because hers was an 8 and this one is 16.
    She plugged it in to her computer, but can't access her iTune account, her email, or anything. It asks for her password to that specific account, but tells her it's wrong when she enters it.
    It's bringing up her username, but won't accept her password anywhere, including anything else she is trying to access.
    Any suggestions for me to pass along?

If you restored to factory (and erasing all content and settings as well as restoring through iTunes will do it), and her Apple ID is telling her the password is wrong, the password itself is the issue. She can reset the password through the iForgot website. If she still has trouble, have her call Apple Support (1-800-694-7466, the direct line for iOS support), and we can help her reset the password over the phone, and we don't charge for that.

Top Bottom