• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I wouldn't say he "won", not after being kidnapped and raped at the hands of the cops and their accomplices at the hospital. Here's hoping all the people who did this to him get what they truly deserve in time.

New Mexico Man Given Forced Colonoscopy by Cops Wins $1.6 Million Settlement - US News and World Report

Nobody will get what they deserve they will continue on and probably joke about it at the station. I would say take that settlement amount from their budget but that might just make things worse and pressure them to go out and confiscate property and money to make up the difference.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I just wish the media would name the judge that authorized this search warrant as well the police officers that participated.

One possible reason for the fruitless pursuit of drugs is that authorities were using a drug-sniffing dog named Leo whose certification allegedly expired in April 2011. The dog, under the supervision of Hidalgo County Sheriff's Office deputies, signaled Eckert had drugs.

And they wonder why I criticize Officer Chompy so.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Taking the 1.6M from the budget will only put more hardships on the population.
    This is just another abuse of implied power they seem to think they have.
    Take it from the pension fund. That would set things up to get some justice. I can't imagine the locker room would be very nice for them at any time after that. As for what to do with the money. Hire Guido and Nunzio to have a short talk with the rapists.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    This begs the question.
    Would you go through what this man went through for 1.6 million?

Would I intentionally do it? Not likely...but if it were forced on me, I'm taking the $1.6 million and find a different state to retire in.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    As I recall, the local doc refused to perform further procedures, and the police took him out of county?

I can't imagine medical professionals honoring that warrant... amazing.

Rhoadmar

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    The farm
    It was interesting to read that the this had happened to someone else once before. Same dog indicated drugs.
    "Timothy Young was anally probed at the Gila Regional Medical Center in October 2012 after being pulled over for allegedly failing to use his turn signal. The same law firm is representing Young, but it's unclear what the status of his case is."

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Deming is such a small little spot in a such a vast expanse of sand and wide open space. So much can happen out there that nobody will ever hear, nobody will ever see. That is the first thing that comes into my mind, and I am not even related to Eckert. Orosco and Chavez may not be able to look in the mirror, but they will always be looking over their shoulders.

Top Bottom