• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I have a pair of Bersa 9mms, one the UC (13 rounds) and the other is a HC (17 rounds) and love them both. Each set me back about $350 brand new and they have both been extremely reliable, accurate and fun to shoot. They are DA/SA and have a manual safety, similar in function to the manual safety on my 1911s. They also carry a lifetime warranty and have a strong following from the folks that own them.

There are lots of great choices in 9mm in the sub $500 price range and these pistols stand up very well when compared to others.

picture.php

Sigh, I wish I woulda bought the Duo tone. However, I LOVE my Bersa 9UC!

I am at around 800rds through it without a single failure of any kind, even when I purposely limp wristed it...

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Ruger P-95 or their new SR-9 would be excellent choices. If you want something a little more expensive, try the Glock 19 (or the 26 with a model 19 magazine and an A&G grip spacer...gives you a full-grip, but without the 'heel' that the model 19 has) or the Springfield XD or a Taurus.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I've never had the first problem with my PT99. Chews up ANY and all ammo I've fed it.

Built like a tank and fun to shoot. 17 round capacity, waht's not to like?

Ahgo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    New Haven, Indiana
    I like my S&W M&P 9. It's very accurate right out of the box. I have not jams or misfires yet. Although it's a full size hand gun, I prefer it over my Taurus 145.

ldhhumble

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2009
    If for sure not going to carry, the Smith & Wesson model 39-2 or its follow-up models is the most safe gun ever made in my opinion. Also, everyone I've known to just pick up the gun shoots it well right off the git-go. Very accurate.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    If for sure not going to carry, the Smith & Wesson model 39-2 or its follow-up models is the most safe gun ever made in my opinion. Also, everyone I've known to just pick up the gun shoots it well right off the git-go. Very accurate.

The 39 actually makes a fantastic carry gun, too, if you should ever decide you want to carry it. Flat, light, a joy to carry, as well as being a heck of a shooter.

Larryjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Portland, IN
    All these have probably been mentioned but I'll say it anyway. Bersa and Taurus both make good guns for around 325 - 375 new. Used prices can vary from place to place. Step up a little and you will see Smith's, Glock's and a few others in the 500 - 600 range. Again used prices for these guns will vary. You can go way on up from there.

Top Bottom