• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    It is the people running big business that have made the decision to move jobs out of the US. They were the ones who decided it was more profitable to sell out the work force than keep making things here.

One of the latest things is to bring Indians here and pay them $45,000 a year for a job that an American was being paid $60,000 a year or better. The Co gets to save 15,000 to 20,000 a year per person and gets to screw over an American worker.

Things like that and many others that big business has set up is what is hurting America. Selling loans to Co that were not worth the paper they were printed on is what hurts America not the worker.

I have seen American manufacturing and it is some of the best in the world when we are allowed to do it.

There was a time if you wanted something made you brought it to Cincinnati and one of the machine shops could turn it into a product for you. Now days most of them are shut down.

I dont know anything about the first paragraph, but Ive been ranting about ^^^^ FOR YEARS!!!
    Corporate greed and American laziness are not mutually exclusive.
    Take a look at the AVERAGE 20 year old these days and tell me they have an IDEA what work is.

We got a whole lot of problems in this country all equally as bad as the next.

nailknocker

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    Wow, I think I started this, I didn't mean to make anyone vomit. I own Marlins, Henrys, and Winchesters. It is just, imho, that the Miroku Winchesters have no peers in todays market, you would have to go look for sixty or more year old guns to come close to the quality that they are doing now.

As to the made in America thing. several decades ago when foreign auto makers were first making serious inroads into the American market I was working in a very large building complex that was mostly leased out to GM. Stored in this complex were literally acres of of crates full of every electronic component that went into every GM vehicle, all of these crates were stamped Made in Taiwan. I inquired as to whether the crates or the components were made in Taiwan, well you know the answer. It was at this very time that GM was running tv adds saying "Be American, Buy American" yeah right!

I now buy the best quality products for the best price, if it's in this country then some American is making a buck off of it, that's as close as I can hope to come.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Well, I was in a mood today. It was a broad statement, because its a broad topic. Of course, you cant group EVERYONE into the same category. So generalities must be made. I work my back off every day and barely get by sometimes, let alone being able to get ahead. I understand why kids want to go to school and make more money. But then I think, the largest number of complaints I hear every day, from average people, are related to problems that could be solved by America just valuing hard work again, and getting the job done. Instead of borrowing money to get an education that will make you more "qualified", but less competent than someone who learned on the job. Sometimes I think we've lost sight of the big picture in this country, and have replaced hard work with debt and hopes of having to work less.

There have been two times in my life that I was better at my job than my supervisor, and when a supervisor job became available, I wasn't qualified because I couldn't check the box next to "4 year degree" It didn't matter if the degree was in south African Women's studies, I just had to have one. I wouldn't even get a chance to prove I was better, because the computer that picked likely candidates was "who" was in charge of deciding.

There isn't much of a future for people who do not do well in the classroom environment these days, and its sad. Because you cant learn real life from a classroom. The problems alot of us see in this country nowadays are a result of the kind of thinking that has brought us to my above rantings.

Last edited:

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    [video=youtube;cC0JPs-rcF0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cC0JPs-rcF0[/video]
    Now that Ive fully hijacked this thread.

Last edited:

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    FWIW a blue collar dude went on and on about his chosen shotgun while riding to the dove hunt.............it was according to him, a Belgian Citori.
    He was rather shocked at my statement, checked when we got there.................evidently the upset was the reason he shot like crap ;)

grogie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Wheeling Around Indy
    I saw their display at the NRA show, and I thought it was kind of cool to see. Of course as an owner of a Model 94 (17HMR) that was made here in the USA, I'd love to see them still so, but, I still think that's pretty cool and I would also think it would be very well made. I'd love to buy another one someday. I love their lever actions as I also grew up with a 94-22.

Top Bottom