• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    At least they are paying the shipping, when I had to send my Glock in to have the frame replaced I had to ship it on my dime even though the issue was related to Glock's **** poor ambi release!

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    It's a silly sight people...don't waste time shipping the gun back to customer service...that is so silly, have them send you a new sight and fix it yourself. It's a skill that you should know anyways if you are going to be a gun owner...get some proficiency here.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    It's a silly sight people...don't waste time shipping the gun back to customer service...that is so silly, have them send you a new sight and fix it yourself. It's a skill that you should know anyways if you are going to be a gun owner...get some proficiency here.

:orly:

If the dovetail on the slide was cut incorrectly, then the new sight will not fit and you'll be stuck in the same boat you were already in. There ARE some benefits from having the factory fix their own mistake, proficiency or not...:twocents:

LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    :orly:

If the dovetail on the slide was cut incorrectly, then the new sight will not fit and you'll be stuck in the same boat you were already in. There ARE some benefits from having the factory fix their own mistake, proficiency or not...:twocents:

iagree.gif
    , If the Dovetail is too big, you are screwed forever, especially if you buy a new sight later on. Let S&W make it right.:twocents:

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN

I am perfectly capable of drifting in a new sight and I discussed this option with the CSR. Ultimately I followed his advice to let S&W inspect everything and replace the sight and/or slide at their discretion depending on where the defect exists. They will also sight it in for me if I send the whole gun in.

My course of action might be different if I couldn't be w/o the gun for awhile or if it were an old beater. Jumping in and using the word "silly" (twice) might be a little over-the-top here...

And who says gunsmithing skills are required to be a gun owner? Lots of people drive cars and never open the hood or know how to changs a flat tire. They take it to a mechanic or call a tow truck. I'm a decent mechanic who has worked on Indy 500 cars and is building my own airplane and I don't go around flaming those "less skilled" then me...

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    was hoping it wouldn't be that big of a deal to work on, didn't realize they were sights that are more of a pain to install.

Are you guys able to find springs and replacement parts kits for your SHTF bags?

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Update:

No shipping label yet and now a promo for a $50 rebate or 2 free mags and I got mine 9 days too early... I guess I'll make note of that on the work order (politely, of course!).

theturtle06

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Denver, CO

I think this was meant to be in purple text rather than italics.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Update: Shipped it to S&W via FedEx 2 day service on Tuesday. Submitted the promo for 2 mags even though I bought it 9 days before the promo started. Keeping fingers crossed...

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Got it back Monday 3/15...

Same slide, new front sight, 2 free mags... I was out of town on business much of the time S&W had it so I didn't miss it.

I'll post a range report next time out. And, I've got 5 mags now for FNS :)

Top Bottom