• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CandRFan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Kokomo
    Yes they do, and this shell was struck on the very edge as well.

Well that's weird...it must have went bang then??

Not to thread-jack, but does the hit on the primer of that spent shell ID that gun? Do you have to send it in the Police or something in some states?

JByer323

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    Not to thread-jack, but does the hit on the primer of that spent shell ID that gun? Do you have to send it in the Police or something in some states?

Yes, the primer strike can help identify the gun, but the machine marks in the chamber transfer to the brass on firing, and can also help to identify a gun. As I recall, in some states the FFL has to send the spent casing in to... somewhere when you purchase the gun.

Indiana, land of the free.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    My rule on new guns is to wait at least a year before buying. There is often a glitch or two that end up needing to be worked out.

NEOCON

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Warrick county
    Just like about everyone has copied the 1911 design and put out their own. I actually don't see a problem with a copied design. Besides There must be some differences or I would think patent laws would keep this from happening. If keltec did not have a patent on the p3at then oh well live and learn. On the other hand just about everyone make a 1911 that parts will interchange with any other brand. It's called mil spec same with the ARs.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    Just like about everyone has copied the 1911 design and put out their own. I actually don't see a problem with a copied design. Besides There must be some differences or I would think patent laws would keep this from happening. If keltec did not have a patent on the p3at then oh well live and learn. On the other hand just about everyone make a 1911 that parts will interchange with any other brand. It's called mil spec same with the ARs.

As to Kel-Tec's entire library of enforceable patents... This is all they have:
    1 D527,788 Foldable bayonet
    2 6,928,764 Grip extender for handgun

If anyone wants to do a Lexus-Nexus search for Ruger's Patents, you will find they hold just under 100 patents.

I would also defy anyone to point to a real gun manufacturer who hasn't copied elements or entire designs from other firearm companies... How do you think a curtain rod manufacturer came up with the trigger mechanism design to start a firearms company? Can you say it with me? "Glock copied from Sig Sauer".

Class is over... Time for recess!

qualitytym

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Porter County
    My LCP had a flaw in the finish. It took TWO trips back to them to replace the slidr. I thought their customer service was a joke. Last $ I spend on them.

deo62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    had the same deal as straightshooter...recall went smooth with their shipping..took 6days (firing pin block)

m2steven

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2009
    i've never hear of a failure of this type with this gun. I believe you got the ONLY bad one. Send it to Ruger, you'll probably have a replacement in a week.

PappyD

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 24, 2008
    Westfield
    Ruger takes care of the customer...

Got to chime in here. Ruger will take care of you. Read my saga here as posted on the "elsiepea" forum.

Bottom Line: I bought an LCP. Had a off-center firing pin channel on the slide. Ruger replaced the slide. No charge to me. I'm ok now with Ruger.

I sent the images to their service department. Got a PHONE CALL back the next day!

Pappy Check out the link!

Failure To Fire!!! Arrgghh!

Shep79

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    Bainbridge
    At least you KNOW it's not reliable...before you found yourself in a bad situation. I'm confident Ruger will stand behind the gun and make it right, sooner than later.

Interloper

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    This thread started last February. How did Ruger resolve this? :popcorn:

Was the wife happy with the birthday present? :D

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members