• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sirindu

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 4, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Hadn't crossed the bridge yet if we'll get a bona-fide convection oven or not. Don't even know if we'll get a double/single...

Did see something like these at Lowe's the other day. Really caught our eyes: LG LRG3091ST: 5.4 cu. ft. Capacity Gas Single Oven Range | LG USA or LG LRG3093ST: 5.4 cu. ft. Capacity Gas Single Oven Range with Oval Burner and Griddle | LG USA

Yep, LG is newer (at least in popularity) in the cooking side of things. With that said, I sold many LG ovens and never heard of a complaint. It's just that they haven't been in use for terribly long to be experiencing major issues. I definitely like LG's refrigerators. And if you find that you're leaning toward an LG refrigerator at some point consider that LG makes the Kenmore Elite refrigerators and you can often get a Kenmore Elite for less than its LG counterpart.

As for the stainless steel magnetism question: Take a magnet into the store with you and try them all out. Don't just "stick" to the ones that say they can receive magnets--many more can as well. Oddly, take any company's lineup and seemingly at random some stainless steel Samsungs (for instance) will accept magnets while other Samsungs will not.

dwgr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    Avon, IN
    I am building a new house and I am also looking for appliances. Something I have noticed are the prices can swing weekly. The LG refrigerator I am looking at is priced anywhere from $2700 to $3300. I was keeping my eye on Bosch dishwasher when Lowes had one at a good price and coupled with a 10% coupon you can buy off eBay it was a pretty good price. I will do the same thing in May when looking at refrigerators.

bobbittle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    West side
    Yep, LG is newer (at least in popularity) in the cooking side of things. With that said, I sold many LG ovens and never heard of a complaint. It's just that they haven't been in use for terribly long to be experiencing major issues. I definitely like LG's refrigerators. And if you find that you're leaning toward an LG refrigerator at some point consider that LG makes the Kenmore Elite refrigerators and you can often get a Kenmore Elite for less than its LG counterpart.

As for the stainless steel magnetism question: Take a magnet into the store with you and try them all out. Don't just "stick" to the ones that say they can receive magnets--many more can as well. Oddly, take any company's lineup and seemingly at random some stainless steel Samsungs (for instance) will accept magnets while other Samsungs will not.

Watch out though.....I've seen rebranded LGs at Sears for $700+ more than the same model at Lowes/etc.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom