• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Just bought a new Kel Tec Sub2000. After some sight adjustments I'm very pleased. Seems like the perfect home defense weapon after I add a pistol grip/flashlight/laser combination. I was going to put a red dot on it, but I'm reconsidering as I can acquire the target very quickly with the stock sights. They aren't precise, but they're very quick, and with the distances the little carbine is best for, they seem to be just fine for me. I plan to buy some 33 rd glock aftermarket mags. Any wisdom about this gun from other owners would be appreciated.

doglb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   1
    Jul 13, 2009
    Ft. Wayne, IN
    The Sub 2000 are an awesome "foldable" carbine. Congrats!!
    Throw us some pics!!

Here is a website which sells a few upgrades for the sub 2000.
    Bolt buffer
    Tube cover for higher cheek weld
    Larger charging handle

Check them out!
    Tacticool Products

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    If your SUB-2K is chambered in 9mm, stick with the Glock mags or maybe the Khans. Avoid the Scherers. In .40, you really don't have much of a choice if you want a capacity higher than 15.

I would agree. I have one or those sherer mags that I had bought for my G30. I just loaded it and set it in my console amrest. Well after a long time I finally got it out to shoot it. The sides had bulged out and after the first 10 shots or so it started jamming horribly and the follower actually got jammed partway up. I kept having to push somethind down in it to get it all straightened back out. Now its a $40 paperweight. I wish I had read the reviews on CTD before buying it at the 1500.

McMark

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    I really like mine. I've used for Friday Night Steel a number of times. I do have glock 33rd magazines and would not recommend anything cheaper. One irritation I have is that while shooting the sub2k I tend to rest my face on the bolt tube. Eventually my face will tingle after shooting. I'm going to look into the bolt tube cover from tactitool and maybe the recoil buffer. Other than that it is super easy to clean and hasn't given me any problems.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Since the bolt doesn't lock back, I tend to dry fire the weapon after the magazine is empty. Any issues with dry-firing?

holejack1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2009
    South West Indiana
    I just got one in 9mm. Cool lil gun. I didn't have the screwdriver tool with when I went to the range, so I will sight it in better next time, but it wasn't off far. Only thing I don't like is the bottom edge of the trigger is quite sharp on mine and is uncomfortable for more than a few rounds, so I will be rounding that off for sure. I have a couple of the 33 rnd glock mags, and those work great, but I think I will probably keep a 17 rounder in it for the truck.
    Oh yeah, it is impossible to wear ear muffs with this gun as the sights are so low to the stock.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    One irritation I have is that while shooting the sub2k I tend to rest my face on the bolt tube. Eventually my face will tingle after shooting.

The cheapskate's solution is an appropriately sized piece of foam pipe insulation.

Gabby

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    Ellettsville
    I have the Glock model as well. I added the Tacticool bolt cover and buffer. By the way, if you go with the buffer and still want the charging handle to stay in the retracted position you'll have to do as I did and grind a new notch in the tube. But that's not a big deal. Gabby

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    I have the Glock model as well. I added the Tacticool bolt cover and buffer. By the way, if you go with the buffer and still want the charging handle to stay in the retracted position you'll have to do as I did and grind a new notch in the tube. But that's not a big deal. Gabby

I did the same thing... I noticed a good amount of reduction in the recoil, but the sights are too low to get a good cheek weld. It's kind of a rough job, but I didn't do it for looks...I was going for functionality.
    KT is working on a rail for this to be released soon...

sub2kquadrailside.jpg

n1032364911_445802_8212790.jpg

n1032364911_445803_2730442.jpg

n1032364911_445804_3196055.jpg

n1032364911_445806_6967305.jpg

aero

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2009
    Indianapolis, In
    I ordered one of these about two weeks ago, still waiting for it to get to me. I bought the Glock 40 model. I cant wait for it to get here, wanna take it to the range and have some fun.

paintball_addiction

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    183   0   0
    Sep 9, 2009
    SW of Indy
    Has anyone else bought the spare mag holder that clamps to the stock? I bought one but it never has worked right. The mag is too loose in it.

I like the way the gun shoots but it is made for people with short arms. Even with the 1" stock extension I have a hard time sighting down it. Anybody have any suggestions for lengthening the trigger pull?

outlaw2842

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    dont mean to threadjack but does anyone know of any gunshops on the southside that carry the keltec sub2000?ive been wanting one of these for sometime now and i cant find one anywhere.

Bucky623

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Has anyone else bought the spare mag holder that clamps to the stock? I bought one but it never has worked right. The mag is too loose in it.

I like the way the gun shoots but it is made for people with short arms. Even with the 1" stock extension I have a hard time sighting down it. Anybody have any suggestions for lengthening the trigger pull?

I got a spare mag holder (S&W 59) for mine and found it got in the way of the bolt handle so I ended up selling it. Also, the latch didn’t seem to “click” when the mag was inserted so I was never sure if the latch was fully engaged or not.

The rifle does seem a little shorter than most but I like the way it fits me. I grab towards back of the forend and I can pull elbow into my ribs and that makes for a much steadier hold that I could get if it were a longer rifle.

Bucky

Last edited:
    Top Bottom