• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • palerider0485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2009
    just north of muncie.
    i do beleave you could milk at least 10 good posts out of this thread. 50 posts dosnt take long. before i hit the 50 mark i didnt really see a reason for the rule. i could and did pm back then. thats been a few years ago. So anyway. get to adding posts, wont take long at all.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    It was this thread, and it was for stating his intent to spam his way to the classifieds.

Yup. That's pretty much it. He made it clear that doesn't want to know us, he doesn't want to take part and contribute to the community. He's here for the classifieds. So good luck with that, Mr. Red Bars.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Yup. That's pretty much it. He made it clear that doesn't want to know us, he doesn't want to take part and contribute to the community. He's here for the classifieds. So good luck with that, Mr. Red Bars.

The way the welcome wagon is around here, it isn't much of a wonder that there are people that don't care to get to know us. As far as contributing to the community, there are people with thousands more posts that us that don't really contribute quality. Some people get on here to talk guns, politics, bacon, midget wrestling, and some have even tried finding dates on here. Saying or implying he'd spam this thread to get to 50 isn't all that bright but it doesn't affect me whatsoever, definitely doesn't cause rectal pain.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    The way the welcome wagon is around here, it isn't much of a wonder that there are people that don't care to get to know us. As far as contributing to the community, there are people with thousands more posts that us that don't really contribute quality. Some people get on here to talk guns, politics, bacon, midget wrestling, and some have even tried finding dates on here. Saying or implying he'd spam this thread to get to 50 isn't all that bright but it doesn't affect me whatsoever, definitely doesn't cause rectal pain.

well... When someone shows up and acts like a dumbass they get a less than stellar welcome. This was not meant to imply the OP was a dumbass... but blatantly stating an intent to spam the board doesn't go over well ANYWHERE. I'm not surprised he's in the red after that.

It's only 50 quality posts. And quality doesn't necessarily mean they have to be meaningful and brilliantly insightful. The rules are pretty lax on what constitutes "quality." And remember... This is not a classifieds forum. That's just a perk, not the focus of the forum. If it was up to me it would be 500 posts.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    well... When someone shows up and acts like a dumbass they get a less than stellar welcome. This was not meant to imply the OP was a dumbass... but blatantly stating an intent to spam the board doesn't go over well ANYWHERE. I'm not surprised he's in the red after that.

It's only 50 quality posts. And quality doesn't necessarily mean they have to be meaningful and brilliantly insightful. The rules are pretty lax on what constitutes "quality." And remember... This is not a classifieds forum. That's just a perk, not the focus of the forum. If it was up to me it would be 500 posts.

But I still haven't reached 50 yet!

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Some people get on here to talk...midget wrestling...
    dog-ears-and-smile.jpg

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    My point is this;

Some people only use this site when they have a question about something. Some people use this site as a kind of social media and post all the time. Because I am only on the computer a few times during the week, I don't involve myself with discussions because I would not have the ability to follow up on my comments. I respect everyone else and their reasons for using this site. If some people only use this site to glean information from others it neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg. If some people only use INGO to look through the classifieds, I don't see how it takes away from anyone else or their use of the site.

I know the required posts to use the classifieds was 15 and is now 50. I also understand the rationale behind the change and can live with it. If however, visiting this site for the classifieds is abusive to the purpose of the site, I will stop.

You are not alone with this logic. To design a site and try to guide its culture and lead it to success, however, you have to make rules that allow it to grow in a desired direction. For INGO that means trying to make sure it stays a social community with a secondary benefit of having a classifieds section. The rules required to do that inevitably affect folks that are here to be part of the community but simply haven't been here long enough or contributed enough yet. If time or content contributions are not a good fit for you we have an option to financially contribute (site supporter).

You are already showing some thick skin by not getting bent out of shape by this thread. Another simple fact with a community of THOUSANDS is that some of 'us' sometimes get bored and have a guilty pleasure of finding a 'hot' thread to pile onto. Yours became the focus of that it seems.

Others reply with good info. like below:

Part of the goodness of the classifieds perk to participating INGO membership is that members may research who they are doing transactions with (or not.) Other sites with classifieds/sales/auction areas tend to promote the nameless, faceless anonymity aspect while (at least to me) INGO is more about local friends trading.

Security/safety also plays into the same thought process. I think nothing of driving for an hour with hundreds of cash $ in pocket to meet someone I "know" from their posts. A lot can be gleaned about one's character from posts that makes decisions to trust much easier.

Old INGO rules actually

and:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...es-forum-tips-please-read-before-posting.html

But I'm sure you knew this already. It's not like its a secret.

Cujo71321

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I don't understand why you guys are being so hard on this guy. One of you even said that this site is not for the classifieds. Well, I do all of my buying and selling on Armslist, but I have had MANY people say that I needed to come here because it has so much better classifieds and people. Well, I haven't hit 50 yet, and I am certainly not feeling the love. I want to buy and sell guns, and not feel like I have to be part of a discussion group to do it. I have a lot better things to do with my time than wade through hundreds of posts from people I don't know whining about things I don't care about just so that I can take advantage of the classifieds. If you are not happy with what I have to say, I can assure you that once I hit the 50 mark, you will only see me in the classifieds...
    Cujo71321

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I don't understand why you guys are being so hard on this guy. One of you even said that this site is not for the classifieds. Well, I do all of my buying and selling on Armslist, but I have had MANY people say that I needed to come here because it has so much better classifieds and people. Well, I haven't hit 50 yet, and I am certainly not feeling the love. I want to buy and sell guns, and not feel like I have to be part of a discussion group to do it. I have a lot better things to do with my time than wade through hundreds of posts from people I don't know whining about things I don't care about just so that I can take advantage of the classifieds. If you are not happy with what I have to say, I can assure you that once I hit the 50 mark, you will only see me in the classifieds...
    Cujo71321
    Maybe Armslist is a better option for you and your goal to buy and sell. At least you're honest about your objectives. Open up the classifieds on Ingo to everyone that "doesn't care or have the time" to participate in the forum and it will become another Armslist.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Part of the goodness of the classifieds perk to participating INGO membership is that members may research who they are doing transactions with (or not.) Other sites with classifieds/sales/auction areas tend to promote the nameless, faceless anonymity aspect while (at least to me) INGO is more about local friends trading.

Security/safety also plays into the same thought process. I think nothing of driving for an hour with hundreds of cash $ in pocket to meet someone I "know" from their posts. A lot can be gleaned about one's character from posts that makes decisions to trust much easier.

This is exactly what I was referring to:

Cujo71321

Ralphie Parker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2013
    Waterloo
    Wow! I didn't think this thread would still be growing... I don't think this horse is gonna get back up..... I think its probably dead now. just my :twocents:

:popcorn:

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Well, I do all of my buying and selling on Armslist, but I have had MANY people say that I needed to come here because it has so much better classifieds and people.

The difference in rules is the reason many people have been telling you that INGO has much better classifieds and people. The 50-post/$15 rule filters out a lot of people who might rip off INGOers or snipe deals before a regular member can get to it. It is gun community that has a classifieds, not a classifieds that offers the chance to chat. Communities have a way of identifying *******s and discouraging them.

Top Bottom