• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TomJefferson

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2013
    My point is this;

Some people only use this site when they have a question about something. Some people use this site as a kind of social media and post all the time. Because I am only on the computer a few times during the week, I don't involve myself with discussions because I would not have the ability to follow up on my comments. I respect everyone else and their reasons for using this site. If some people only use this site to glean information from others it neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg. If some people only use INGO to look through the classifieds, I don't see how it takes away from anyone else or their use of the site.

I know the required posts to use the classifieds was 15 and is now 50. I also understand the rationale behind the change and can live with it. If however, visiting this site for the classifieds is abusive to the purpose of the site, I will stop.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I know the required posts to use the classifieds was 15 and is now 50. I also understand the rationale behind the change and can live with it. If however, visiting this site for the classifieds is abusive to the purpose of the site, I will stop.
    Fact: The required posts to use the classifieds has been 50 for years.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Thanks for feedback everyone. I'm going to go out on a limb here and speculate...

I was wrong and am now the village idiot?

The good thing is that even after being excoriated you can still participate and it will all be forgotten in due time, probably by the time you hit your 50 quality posts, but do make sure that they are relevant posts expressing a thought and not just place holders (like the guy who posted "Hmmm..." for about 40 of his 50). It tends to irritate the mods when they have to go back and delete such nonsense and put you right back where you started.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    My point is this;

Some people only use this site when they have a question about something. Some people use this site as a kind of social media and post all the time. Because I am only on the computer a few times during the week, I don't involve myself with discussions because I would not have the ability to follow up on my comments. I respect everyone else and their reasons for using this site. If some people only use this site to glean information from others it neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg. If some people only use INGO to look through the classifieds, I don't see how it takes away from anyone else or their use of the site.

I see the misunderstanding. It was 15 posts to PM and 50 for the classifieds originally. I take it they bumped it up to 50 to PM as well?

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Hang in there, Tom. Us having a few laughs at your expense is very common on these posts. Don't take it personally. I'm sure none of it is meant to be taken that way.

I apologize if your feelings are hurt. Stick around and keep posting. I'm sure you have a lot to contribute here.

I'm not sure if he had neg rep prior to this thread but it appears that at least a couple people got butt hurt over him stating an opinion.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    My point is this;

Part of the goodness of the classifieds perk to participating INGO membership is that members may research who they are doing transactions with (or not.) Other sites with classifieds/sales/auction areas tend to promote the nameless, faceless anonymity aspect while (at least to me) INGO is more about local friends trading.

Security/safety also plays into the same thought process. I think nothing of driving for an hour with hundreds of cash $ in pocket to meet someone I "know" from their posts. A lot can be gleaned about one's character from posts that makes decisions to trust much easier.

Last edited:

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    It was this thread, and it was for stating his intent to spam his way to the classifieds.

If he wouldn't have stated intent to spam, he could have racked up 150 posts that were mostly gibberish and people would have just thought he escaped the status update thread.

Top Bottom