New Indiana resident with new LTCH and questions.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • trik396

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2010
    NW Indiana
    Hello all. Two quick questions that I cannot find answers for...

First, if I am carrying a handgun on my person and get into my vehicle, do I need to take gun and put it in glove box or something or can I keep it on my hip???

Second, same deal as first question BUT if I have another handgun in my truck (that I would normally keep there) is this legal? In other words does the fact that I have two handguns mean I am breaking a law? I cannot find any legal answers but I hope you guys can help me out...

I moved here from Chicago. I moved here because of Chicago's terrible gun laws AND because of Indiana's respect of our god given freedoms. I hope I can live a long and prosperous life here... with my lifetime permit. :patriot:

Kingrat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Evansville
    * you should be good on both accounts, if in doubt read the applicable sections of indiana code related to carrying a handgun, if it doesnt prohibit it, it isnt illegal (unless prohibited by some other obscure law)

* disclaimer: not legal advice

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    First, if I am carrying a handgun on my person and get into my vehicle, do I need to take gun and put it in glove box or something or can I keep it on my hip???

You may carry it on your hip, or in your glove box, or in the seat beside you, in your lap, as long as you don't wave it at any one, you're ok......

BUT if I have another handgun in my truck (that I would normally keep there) is this legal? In other words does the fact that I have two handguns mean I am breaking a law?

Two guns is perfectly legal. I carry concealed, and I always have another handgun in my glove compartment. Indiana code is silent as to how many guns you may carry at one time.

Here's a couple of links that may help you out a bit...... Welcome to Indiana.... be safe

Indiana Code TITLE 35, Article 47 Table of Contents

http://www.in.gov/isp/files/firearms_FAQ_02_08.pdf

indybrad

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I love this State of Indiana. It makes me happy that I can load all my guns in the truck and go anywhere to shoot them. I always wonder what will happen if I get pulled over though.

SedahDrol

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    Just like to add if you get an NFA for a machine pistol or even a silencer for your gun, you could carry it with you too. Oh and welcome to America.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    Hello all. Two quick questions that I cannot find answers for...

Second, same deal as first question BUT if I have another handgun in my truck (that I would normally keep there) is this legal? In other words does the fact that I have two handguns mean I am breaking a law? I cannot find any legal answers but I hope you guys can help me out...

I moved here from Chicago. I moved here because of Chicago's terrible gun laws AND because of Indiana's respect of our god given freedoms. I hope I can live a long and prosperous life here... with my lifetime permit. :patriot:
    There's a handbook you can purchase and you can read up on that, study and memorize and it should serve you well. I'll be getting one myself when I get my LTCH. I just have to find the link to it again. GL!:patriot:

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    What everyone else said, but don't forget to remove that gun in the glove box if you let someone else who might not have a LTCH drive your vehicle. And don't forget to remove it (and your carry piece) if you decide to go to a PK-12 school.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    What everyone else said, but don't forget to remove that gun in the glove box if you let someone else who might not have a LTCH drive your vehicle. And don't forget to remove it (and your carry piece) if you decide to go to a PK-12 school.

Drop-off is allowed. Just don't get out of the vehicle.

Top Bottom