• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    I picked this up today from a local guy. 4 H&K Mags, The gun is a 40cal made by Coharie out of Salt Lake city UT.

viewFile.html

It should be a fun gun to shoot.

I have been wanting one for a while.:rockwoot:

Yes Im standing on a chair, Im a short midget.

Last edited:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Don't install the buttstock on that gun if its a handgun. That will be a violation of federal law, will turn it into a SBR (which is illegal unless you have a tax stamp and paperwork for it and have it engraved as an SBR).

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Don't install the buttstock on that gun if its a handgun. That will be a violation of federal law, will turn it into a SBR (which is illegal unless you have a tax stamp and paperwork for it and have it engraved as an SBR).

Roger that. Im filling out the paper work as I sit here.:rules:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Nice. The Coharie guns are supposedly pretty well done, as domestic MP5 clones go; by most accounts they are much better than the SW and Bobcat guns that preceded them. Should make a wicked SBR once you get the forms done.

How pricey are MP5/40 mags?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Not to be a stick in the mud, I just don't want anyone running afoul of any annoyingly stupid NFA laws.

Is having that buttstock considered constructive intent or some such nonsense? :dunno:

Maybe take down the photo and put up one without?

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Not to be a stick in the mud, I just don't want anyone running afoul of any annoyingly stupid NFA laws.

Is having that buttstock considered constructive intent or some such nonsense? :dunno:

Maybe take down the photo and put up one without?

I dont wear my tin foill hat that tight. I own a stock that will not go on the gun untill I get the paper work back and its legal to.

Looking for a suppressor today too. :)

I dont know what the specific law is, but there is no intent on my part to install it on the handgun.

Last edited:

Srtsi4wd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I dont wear my tin foill hat that tight. I own a stock that will not go on the gun untill I get the paper work back and its legal to.

Looking for a suppressor today too. :)

I dont know what the specific law is, but there is no intent on my part to install it on the handgun.

Since when did the BATFE care about intent? You can own a 8.5" AR upper and a complete lower and never "intend" to put them together. I doubt that explanation would work in a legal defense situation.

Google "David Olofson" to see F-Troop in action.

Congrats on the purchase, we're just lookin' out for ya.:yesway:

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Greenfield
    I picked this up today from a local guy. 4 H&K Mags, 1 H&K slider stock. The gun is a 40cal made by Coharie out of Salt Lake city UT.

viewFile.html

It should be a fun gun to shoot.

I have been wanting one for a while.:rockwoot:

Yes Im standing on a chair, Im a short midget.

Fantastic Pull! I have been wanting one of these for a LONG TIME, just never been in the right place at the right time. I have also looked at the Vector Arms versions. In any event, I am one seriously jealous person right now. Keep us up to date with paperwork and an range report! I for one will be very interested!

r3126

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 3, 2008
    Indy westside
    Question for all you experts. I am not one so that is why I am asking.

Isn't the gun manufactured as a pistol? If so, doesn't it have to remain a pistol and cannot be changed to a SBR? Does it then not have to be designated/registered as an AOW? Isn't an AOW a $5.00 stamp vs a $200.00.

I really don't understand all the BATF stuff but this stuck in my mind.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Greenfield
    Question for all you experts. I am not one so that is why I am asking.

Isn't the gun manufactured as a pistol? If so, doesn't it have to remain a pistol and cannot be changed to a SBR? Does it then not have to be designated/registered as an AOW? Isn't an AOW a $5.00 stamp vs a $200.00.

I really don't understand all the BATF stuff but this stuck in my mind.

A pistol can be turned into an SBR by adding a stock and $200 tax stamp...which is why AR pistols and the such are so attractive to buyers, they are a tax stamp away from being an SBR. I don't think the AOW tax would come into play for this particular modification.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    I sold the stock today, will wait until I have the proper paperwork before I buy another one.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Sounds like a good move. That is a cool looking gun. Put a sling on her and pull hard outwards, close to a good stock! :D

Also, be aware of Todd Bailey. If anything goes wrong with the gun, not sure if you recieved a warranty on the gun, some folks have had issues dealing with him. If you get bored and want some good ol' fashioned "slam someone" type of fun, look up Todd Bailey Special Weapons. :D

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom