• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2010
    Hellinois
    The pay I am hoping to get in my hometown as a LEO when they finally get a contract and hire some guys, IS worth living here in my opinion. Since the gun laws go out the window once you get that badge. Carry and what you can purchase has wayyy less regulation.

One thing I did hear about Indiana State Police that raised my eye brow was the fact that they have UNLIMITED use of their squad car off duty. Which is a nice thing, and a bit bizarre.

With layoffs and budget problems, picture Officer so and so pulling up to walmart and unloading a wife and 3 kids out of his cruiser, procedes to shop, then cruises across the street to fill up gas on tax payer dime!

But, I guess it works for you guys! Just gotta get in where I can that with in a reasonable distance to the rest of my family.

NWIeng

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Hammond
    Welcome from Hammond, good luck on any force.

I unfortuneately, get the best and worst of each state. Working in IL sucks!

CVictor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Crown Point
    Welcome! I travel to communist illinois several times per week for work. The only way I'd ever live there is if I were going to get into law enforcement, so it looks like you're set up okay :)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2010
    Hellinois
    I'm sure Indiana isn't all that great either, where is these days? But overall it's a good bit better than Illinois. I'd just like to live somewhere in NW Indiana (NOT Gary lol) with a few acres, decent size house, few dogs and my beautiful girlfriend. Maybe a nice big heated garage for my hobbies, guns and cars.

All for the price of a medium sized house in one of Illinois' overcrowded suburbs.

Could happen, ya never know, I need to get an LEO job first and foremost whereever I can get in. It's easy to jump ship later and lateral out. But, if NWI has openings I'll be applying!

TheLoneRaider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    Phoenix
    welcomeingo.gif

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Way up North
    The pay I am hoping to get in my hometown as a LEO when they finally get a contract and hire some guys, IS worth living here in my opinion. Since the gun laws go out the window once you get that badge. Carry and what you can purchase has wayyy less regulation.

One thing I did hear about Indiana State Police that raised my eye brow was the fact that they have UNLIMITED use of their squad car off duty. Which is a nice thing, and a bit bizarre.

With layoffs and budget problems, picture Officer so and so pulling up to walmart and unloading a wife and 3 kids out of his cruiser, procedes to shop, then cruises across the street to fill up gas on tax payer dime!

But, I guess it works for you guys! Just gotta get in where I can that with in a reasonable distance to the rest of my family.
    You forgot to mention leave cruiser running while in the store!:D Afraid I'v done it now:40oz:, but I'm not kidding.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    :welcome: to :ingo: from Hammond. I've been told by friends that are officers, LEO employment (at least in Lake County, IN) is usually a very political thing.
    Sorry about the Peoples Republic thing, unfortunately I have to travel to King Dicks' kingdom every day to work. Wish I had a badge.....hmmm, I work for a railroad and we have cops:yesway:

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    Carry is a non issue for me because I'm graduating from a 4 year university in May and will be going into law enforcement. Following in 2 of my grand fathers and my step dads foot steps. So if I work in Illinois then I'll have plenty of gun freedom.

Although carry is a non-issue for you, it's the entire attitude of the state. I am an Illinois LEO and live in Indiana. There are not may departments that will let you do that but, I strongly suggest finding one.

There are few better feelings than crossing that state line on the way home!

CVictor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Crown Point
    . I'd just like to live somewhere in NW Indiana (NOT Gary lol) with a few acres, decent size house, few dogs and my beautiful girlfriend. Maybe a nice big heated garage for my hobbies, guns and cars.
    Many think this way, and much of northwest indiana is becoming very crouded because of it. Dyer, schererville, merrillville, st. john, all grossly overpopulated. Add to that all the people driving from eastern IL (a lot of trashy people from the heights as well) to merrillville for shopping, and to dyer for gas and cigarettes and you have a somewhat unpleasant area with far too much traffic. Best bet is to head either south or east, cedar lake or valpo area.
    Although carry is a non-issue for you, it's the entire attitude of the state.
    Very true. I was driving out to waterman, IL a couple weeks ago and there was a sign that said "Ipass only - if you don't have an Ipass take this detour" then listed out which exit to take and several turns to make. I always thought that you could just pay online (still BS imo), but that's what the sign said. I thought to myself "Gas here is obscenely taxed, those taxes paid by the people that may or may not have an ipass undoubtedly helped build this freeway...and you won't even let them drive on it because of some ridiculous toll that shouldn't even be necessary?"

One day a majority of the successful people will move out of the state, enough to make the politicians realize the error of their ways when there is nobody left to tax to death. Cook county is already bankrupt somehow.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom