• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RobertIN

Plinker
    Aug 20, 2024
    West Harrison
    I'll be spending 99% of my time here in the BP section, looking forward to the information and conversation all. To contribute to the forum, here's my stable in order of acquisition:

1. Traditions Kentucky rifle .50.
    My first muzzleloader that I put together from a kit. I've removed quite a bit of wood. Mostly around the lock mortise, belly, and a long the sides of the forend.

1000008093.jpg

2. Kibler Colonial .54
    Got lucky and purchased this kit secondhand from a gentleman on Muzzleloadingforum for a deal. It's Jim's extra fancy maple, and is just so sweet I love it. Probably 50-60 hours in this one, took my time because it was a significant investment for me.

I left it in the white for a while.1000008455.jpg1000008669.jpg

Recently decided to brown the steel for hunting season, I will probably strip the lock and do a French gray finish. The brown lock kind of feels like neglect for some reason.
    1000010163.jpg

3. Pedersoli Kentucky Pistol .45.
    Another one purchased through muzzleloadingforum.
    1000008926.jpg

Stripped the cerakote brown and original wood finish off to match my then in the white Colonial, and refinished the wood the same way I did the Kibler. I like the bright steel on the pistol.
    1000008967.jpg

4. CVA "Hawken" .54
    Got this guy the other day for $100 on Armslist, couldn't say no.
    1000010317.jpg

That's all for now! Be happy to answer any questions, read any comments, or discuss any of them.

Last edited:

RobertIN

Plinker
    Aug 20, 2024
    West Harrison
    Thanks Cav =] I'm happy with them, just got a notification that my caps will be here in a week... Oh well it needs a new nipple anyway and it wouldn't hurt to have a few spares. Amazon will still get them here on time.

RobertIN

Plinker
    Aug 20, 2024
    West Harrison
    Welcome. I'm not even a pistol guy, but the wood on that thing is gorgeous. You gonna run the woods walk with that Kibler? Fall shoot will be here in a few weeks!
    It is, quite nice for a factory Pedersoli.

I've never done one, never been to Friendship but I'm planning on going down for the Fall Shoot. I'll probably observe this year, maybe shoot in Spring. We'll see. It's fairly heavy and I'm recovering from a stint in the hospital I don't know how well I'd do.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    It is, quite nice for a factory Pedersoli.

I've never done one, never been to Friendship but I'm planning on going down for the Fall Shoot. I'll probably observe this year, maybe shoot in Spring. We'll see. It's fairly heavy and I'm recovering from a stint in the hospital I don't know how well I'd do.

Well, be ready in the spring. I get spanked every time by these two old guys I shoot with. But every time I learn and get a little better.

Top Bottom