• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    just did a quick check of the noise ordinance (The Brown County Democrat - Brown County Indiana - Nashville Noise Ordinance), seems any exhaust that is not stock could" prevents,disrupts,injures or endangers the health, safety, welfare,prosperity, comfort or repose of reasonable persons, including law enforcement officers. So that takes care of about 95% of Harleys

:yesway:....
    da*n sho' DOES take care'o this'n...........:):

I git up'ere several time a yr......never had a problem......yet...'course...I don' run thru town bark'n 'ese things, neither....:rolleyes:

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    Just stopped by the new Buck Shot store in Nashville. First of all I have to say everyone was very friendly and helpful to speak to. They have a fair amount of inventory of long guns, handguns, ammo, and accessories...all at very fair prices. They actually have a bunch of 525 count boxes of Remington .22 LR jacketed round nose for sale at $28.00 a box (limit one). That's .053 cents a round. I'm sure it's a promotional for now, but wow, when was the last time you could buy a 525 count box for .053 cents a round! They also have quite a bit of other ammo at very fair prices as well. Lots of accessories with more to come as well as more guns. Nice size shop as too. Size wise I'd place it on par with BGF, Bradis, Elmores, etc, and twice the size of PFF.

I'm a local and I believe they will garner a lot of local support, especially with their pricing and friendly, knowledgeable staff. If any of you have been to or are familiar with the new Apache Tactical store in Nashville they are both very complimentary businesses for each other that Brown County and Nashville have sorely needed. Well worth the trip to Nashville to visit.

They had their 'soft' opening today, but their 'Grand Opening' is next Saturday. They are also open through the week too for those of us who are locals and for those that visit Nashville through the week.

Nice shop, nice people, and fair prices. I'd absolutely recommend them.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Wife been asking me to take here to Little Nashville for awhile, looks like I have something else to do while there, other than Big Woods BBQ Nachos, Busted Knuckle Ale, Daily Grind Coffee, & people watching.

PS: I love the loud bikes! Love that sound.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    I call the owner at Winchester, a certain agreeable Mr. Price, "The Devil." He keeps placing temptation in front of me. "Go ahead! Handle it!" That fella gets way too much of my money. Good stuff at good prices, and no GSCs, as stated above.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana

Try living with it your whole life. You get over it, fast. Was a lot worse when the Bean Blossom Boogie was in swing, but back then Nashville really only attracted the tourists in the fall. Now it's all year they're down there, so the second it gets riding weather, they take the bikes out.

Don't get me wrong, over the years a lot of my neighbors have and had Harleys and I know other locals that have had them and it was a regular sound, but a pack of motorcycles, being god awful loud so no real apparent reason, no thank you. When South Park did the episode with Harley riders I lost it cause it seemed sadly true.

A lot of the roads are complete crap this spring cause the winter, pot holes everywhere and chunks of asphalt lying around, holes and chunks big enough to cause major damage on anything with 4 wheels not to mention 2. So until our wonderful highway department gives them the good ol' chip and seal (cause repaving would be asking too much), I have a feeling the riders' choices of roads will be trimmed down. Mostly backroads though, the parts of 46 and 135 I've been on lately have all been fine

magus

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2014
    Central IN
    Wife been asking me to take here to Little Nashville for awhile, looks like I have something else to do while there, other than Big Woods BBQ Nachos, Busted Knuckle Ale, Daily Grind Coffee, & people watching.

WHAT?!? I CAN"T HEAR YOU OVER THE BIKES!! < The sum of several conversations Mrs. Magus and I have had in Nashville over the years.

I like Harleys but wish they had a mute button or screw on suppressor (NFA tax stamp needed? heh) for those times you don't want/need to be the most obnoxiously loud thing on the road. I'm thinking there would be a differing overall opinion if it were fleets of "racing" Honda Civics kitted out with obnoxiously loud farting-car mufflers that weren't quiet at idle.

Last edited:

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Will have to check it out. I love Nashville. I bet there are plenty of locals ready for more guns. Recent article listed Brown County as highest per capita for LTCH holders.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I mentioned the new gun store opening in Nashville to the wife and she jumped at the chance to go down that way yesterday morning. We were customers #5 and 6 in the store and I was impressed. As GunSlinger said, they are nice folks and run a good shop. I picked up one of the 525 round boxes of .22lr and a Magpul doodad for one of my ARs. It's nice to see something interesting in Nashville outside of the galleries.

BuckShotSG

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2012
    WIN - NC - NASH
    Just stopped by the new Buck Shot store in Nashville. First of all I have to say everyone was very friendly and helpful to speak to. They have a fair amount of inventory of long guns, handguns, ammo, and accessories...all at very fair prices. They actually have a bunch of 525 count boxes of Remington .22 LR jacketed round nose for sale at $28.00 a box (limit one). That's .053 cents a round. I'm sure it's a promotional for now, but wow, when was the last time you could buy a 525 count box for .053 cents a round! They also have quite a bit of other ammo at very fair prices as well. Lots of accessories with more to come as well as more guns. Nice size shop as too. Size wise I'd place it on par with BGF, Bradis, Elmores, etc, and twice the size of PFF.

I'm a local and I believe they will garner a lot of local support, especially with their pricing and friendly, knowledgeable staff. If any of you have been to or are familiar with the new Apache Tactical store in Nashville they are both very complimentary businesses for each other that Brown County and Nashville have sorely needed. Well worth the trip to Nashville to visit.

They had their 'soft' opening today, but their 'Grand Opening' is next Saturday. They are also open through the week too for those of us who are locals and for those that visit Nashville through the week.

Nice shop, nice people, and fair prices. I'd absolutely recommend them.

Thank you for coming by yesterday and it was great to meet you. We appreciate the kind words and hope to see you again soon!

BuckShotSG

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2012
    WIN - NC - NASH
    If I recall, they open at 10am. I'm not sure if that varies day by day, but I know they open at 10am on Saturday's at least.

We have applied for advertising here and just waiting on the switch to be flipped. Once it is, we will get everything posted, but here are the Nashville Hours of operation.

Tue-Fri 10-630
    Sat - 10-4
    Sun - 12-4

We will be playing with the times here and there based on the demand. Saturday we were there till almost 7 because of the traffic!

Shop number is: 812-720-7070

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    We have applied for advertising here and just waiting on the switch to be flipped. Once it is, we will get everything posted, but here are the Nashville Hours of operation.

Tue-Fri 10-630
    Sat - 10-4
    Sun - 12-4

We will be playing with the times here and there based on the demand. Saturday we were there till almost 7 because of the traffic!

Shop number is: 812-720-7070

Good to know, I'm coming to town sometime this next week for lunch with a friend. I'll try to stop by, especially to seek out the bulk pack .22LR. :rockwoot:

----------------------------------------------------------

On a side note, loud pipes may well have saved my life on Helmsburg road a mile out of Nashville just last year. Hearing me coming separated a line of three deer that crossed in front of me.

The noise ordinance doesn't bother me though as I understand how the throttle works and I make every effort to be mannerly. I have personally witnessed lots of weekend riders in town who practice neither of these principles, tuning their pipes proudly as if the whole town wanted to hear it. I'm just shocked that it has taken this long. :dunno:

Last edited:

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Are they "pet friendly" there? Hard for me to get out on my days off without my wingman. If so I may try to make a run down there on Thursday.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]-- [/FONT][FONT=&amp]GSSF member[/FONT]
    Ruger MK III, M&P & 1911mechanic
    NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] –[/FONT]Certified Glock armorer

Top Bottom