• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rbadger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Auburn, IN
    Ok I have been waiting patiently for some money coming in from taxes and some OT worked over the last couple of weeks. This weekend was payoff time. I bought 2 new guns this weekend and found a third I am considering. I will talk about the third in a separate post. As for what I bought---I got a Chiappa 1911-22 semi auto handgun and a Mossberg Deer Thug .30-06 bolt action rifle. Unfortunately I had some other projects going on this weekend as well and will probably not get to shoot either one until this coming weekend.

Rbadger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Auburn, IN
    picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    You're little Chiappa is a fun gun. It's not the most accurate gun on the market, but for what it is, it's a nice little gun. I like mine.

Your Mossberg Deer Thug looks nice as well. I'm not familiar with that particular model, but I own three different Mossberg shotguns and a couple of older Mossberg .22 bolt guns. All three of my shotguns (410ga/20ga/12ga) have taken deer, and both .22's have taken countless squirrels and rabbits.

You'll really enjoy both of your new acquisitions I'm sure. Be sure to keep that 30-06 pulled tight to your shoulder. You won't like it as much if you don't. ;)

Rbadger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Auburn, IN
    PGR I am interested in those 2 boxes. Nothing to trade for them but I would be willing to buy. Could meet sometime this week if you want? PM me. I work second shift though just to let you know.

Rbadger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Auburn, IN
    This was a review of the rifle that I found. Although I paid a good deal less for mine ($420 and that included 2 boxes of Remington Core-lok ammo).
    "Mossberg has taken its workhorse Mossberg ATR (All-Terrain Rifle) bolt-action
    rifle, got together with Mossy Oak’s Deer THUGS TV series, and created the ATR
    Deer THUG rifles. Sticking with the Mossberg price point, they retail for under
    $500!

Available in .243 Win, .270 Win and .30-06 Sprg, each rifle
    features Mossy Oak Break-Up® Infinity™ camouflaged stocks and the “Deer THUGS”
    logo laser-engraved on the receiver. Honoring the THUGS (Today’s Hunters United
    for Good) moniker, Mossy Oak donates a portion of the proceeds from their Deer
    THUGS merchandise sales to the Wounded Warrior Project.

At the core of
    the ATR rifle is an all-steel machined receiver for a positive lock-up and
    smooth, solid bolt-operation; free-floating, button-rifled fluted barrel with
    protective recessed muzzle crown, constructed of durable carbon steel;
    weather-resistant, classic-styled synthetic stock, fully camouflaged with
    Break-Up Infinity; and, an integral top-loading magazine with five-round total
    capacity.

Standard on the ATR Deer THUG rifles (as with all ATR models),
    is Mossberg’s patent-pending, user-adjustable Lightning Bolt Action Trigger
    System. The machined trigger assembly is constructed of aircraft-grade aluminum
    which undergoes a hard-coat anodization to minimize corrosion and wear. The
    unique skeletonized trigger blade blocks the sear from releasing the striker
    until the blade is fully depressed, providing for what Savage says is a
    creep-free trigger. Trigger pull can be adjusted from 2 to 7 pounds with a
    standard screwdriver.

It also includes factory-installed, Weaver-style
    two-piece scope bases, stock and forend sling swivel studs, and a
    sling.

MSRP, $462.

Rbadger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Auburn, IN
    I have owned a few different Mossberg guns over the years and was always pleasantly surprised at both their accuracy and durability. With that in mind I am expecting some pretty good shooting (and hopefully some hunting) with this rifle. The Chiappa I bought as a plinker to work on pistol basics with my wife and my kids.

Top Bottom