• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fergie22

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2010
    walkerton
    when you buy a new gun in a shop you fill out the paperwork show your ltch and all then they call someone to get approved who are they calling if you have a ltch you have been checked out by local police state police given your fingerprints to the fbi and had your whole life examined and they give you your ltch who are the shops calling to find out if you can buy a gun? just wondering

:ingo: :patriot:

semper fi

Walt_Jabsco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Indianapolis
    No, not exactly part of the LTCH screening process. The NICS check is a federal entity, LTCH is all state. Moreover, it's entirely possible you've gone on, say, a string of bank robberies since acquiring your LTCH and are a wanted fugitive.

Integraholic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    At home
    Here. I found these. I think you lost them.

Also, you don't need a LTCH to purchase a gun, so you don't need to show it.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I am never asked for my LTCH when purchasing firearms. You do not need a LTCH to purchase a firearm just to carry it. They have to call in a NICS check every time though.

HDSilvrStreak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Fishers
    Your piece of paper (LTCH) could still exist physically, and yet you may have committed a felony or that LTCH could have been revoked for some reason. No way for a retailer to know that, so you are checked out.

As others have also pointed out, it's possible to purchase w/o a LTCH. I think you're saying that your LTCH should make so that you don't have to go through the check. But all it is a piece of paper that says, at one time, the state of Indiana checked you out.

Top Bottom