• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    I just hopped in there, nice clean place, the owners a talker so be ready, lol. Lowers were 200usd from what I saw and fde pmags were 33. Nice place, friendly staff, black rifles on the wall, lowers and pmags in stock, now the horde can clean them out.

500th post!

Last edited:

loony1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Southside Indy
    Thanks for the support everyone and we will try and get the google thing worked out. We are located next to the shell gas station in a small strip center to the south. Our focus is customer service and we are trying to keep our prices as low as possible. We look foreward to meeting all of you and hope to be site sponsors soon. Chad and Mike:ingo:

TAT7

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 27, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Hey guys, I'm the other owner, Mike. Thank you to all that showed up for our opening this weekend! It was a great couple of days! We are only open on Saturday and Sunday, but we started this place with just our money so had to keep our day jobs for now, so please bear with us while we grow and open the doors weekdays. We hope to serve the gun world with great service and the best prices we can manage. Happy shooting!

djhuckle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2012
    Anybody has the power to update the pin/move it. If it's the business owner it takes effect immediately but if it's a random user Google/Bing/Whoever tends to either do a little verification or wait for a couple more to move the pin.

That said, if you find a location off in Google Maps, just move it. Same with Apple Maps and Bing.

That said - I'm willing to bet if you spoke to a lot of gun shop owners I'd bet most of them aren't aware there's Google Maps, Apple Maps, Bing, MapQuest, and a myriad of other mapping services that could potentially have them placed in a slightly incorrect location.

Thanks for the lesson on the Internet. I'm out so come back and leave another comment. I won't read it.

That said, it's always good to have another gun store and glad you are up and going.

--------

"You meet an arse hole in the morning, you met an arse hole. You meet arse holes all day, you're the arse hole" -Raylin Givins, Justified

TAT7

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 27, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Hey guys, just an FYI, we have a FB page while we are getting our website together (http://www.facebook.com/U.S.DefenseSolutions). Here are some shots of the store that you guys are talking about.

47CBE44B-3CB2-4679-B2F9-D6CA90D448D4-4885-000005187312F252_zpsa4d368ba.jpg

3ECB4791-6D55-4FEC-BBD0-B17ABA1AB775-4885-00000518628C5D6B_zps416a0c03.jpg

Echelon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    loony1 & TAT7, congrats on the new shop. I might try to swing by this weekend and check things out, plan on having any ammo in for this weekend?

And a question I'm sure the masses are curious about because things are hard to find these days locally, do you accept FFL transfers, and if so, how much?

loony1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Southside Indy
    loony1 & TAT7, congrats on the new shop. I might try to swing by this weekend and check things out, plan on having any ammo in for this weekend?

And a question I'm sure the masses are curious about because things are hard to find these days locally, do you accept FFL transfers, and if so, how much?
    Absolutly we take transfers and our price is $15. We are well stocked on various types of ammo and have new stock coming in daily, fortunately we started this adventure last July and our connections are still holding to their words. PM myself or TAT with any questions or comments. Chad

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I stopped in today after making sure someone would be there. I was very impressed. Mike was very nice. He had a rather lengthy phone call while I was there and did his best to take care of the guy on the phone's questions while not ignoring customers in his store.

There is NO "no loaded guns" sign, and I mentioned how glad I was to see that. He said he would never put such a sign up and WANTED his customers to carry.:yesway:

Good selection for today's environment. Very reasonable on their prices for ammo, mags, etc. He also said they will do transfers from other FFL's or from individuals for $15.

The store was clean and smoke free.

I hope these guys stick around, they are going into my rotation, along with Indy Trading Post and Beech Grove Firearms.

TAT7

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 27, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I stopped in today after making sure someone would be there. I was very impressed. Mike was very nice. He had a rather lengthy phone call while I was there and did his best to take care of the guy on the phone's questions while not ignoring customers in his store.

There is NO "no loaded guns" sign, and I mentioned how glad I was to see that. He said he would never put such a sign up and WANTED his customers to carry.:yesway:

Good selection for today's environment. Very reasonable on their prices for ammo, mags, etc. He also said they will do transfers from other FFL's or from individuals for $15.

The store was clean and smoke free.

I hope these guys stick around, they are going into my rotation, along with Indy Trading Post and Beech Grove Firearms.

Thanks man! It was nice speaking with you and your friend as well. I'm glade you understood the phone call, lol. I hope to see you around the store if nothing but for good conversation. Happy shooting!

Bersalover

Marksman
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Feb 14, 2011
    I have stopped in a few times and the store is clean, well lit, friendly with good pricing! Not a combination seen often. Worth the stop if your in the area.

TAT7

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 27, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Hey guys, have had a couple people stop in today and just wanted to put out our hours for the time being just so the info is there:

Saturday- 10AM to 7PM
    Sunday- 11AM to 5PM
    Mon-Fri- Appointment only for the time being

We started this store with our personal limmited funds, so until the business can fully support itself, we will be appointment only during the week. Now saying that, we are in the store every evening, so any time you would like to come in and see what we have or any transfers you may have, you will be able to come in after work in the eveing. Any questions please give us a call. 317-300-8182. Like us on facebook too for the latest updates!

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I stopped by, they have a decent stock of stuff.

I got some 30 carbine ammo and some surplus items.

They have a USGI COLT M1911 nice pistol, Lots of ARs in stock, and a nice Winchester M1 carbine too.

I think they have a deal with the guy that runs O'dell's Outpost at 144 and 37 in the tent to sell surplus items. So they have a good surplus stock.

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    US Defense Solutions

Stopped in for the first time after the Indy 1500, definitely a keeper. They took my money with a smile and I left with an M1A. Nice bunch of guys and good salesmen too!:D

Will have to go back as funding allows.

Top Bottom