• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm a bass player. We never get lucky...

I'll tell you what though, between music equipment and guns, there is no money left for anything else. Two most expensive hobbies I can think of besides cars.

Try airplanes. The most wonderful moment is when you buy your plane. The second is when you sell it.

And boat means "big hole in the water that you put money into!" or "bring on another thousand!"

And nothing rivals spending money like a girlfriend, especially if you are married.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Congrats on the good fortune! Guitar players do live a charmed life ;) I'm an Elixer guy, but played D'Addario for years. Good strings.

Bought a beater a few years back - Ovation - during that short window when they were making good sounding guitars - it's one of my favorites now, similar to this one:

View attachment 24067

I have a Breedlove crossover which has nylon strings but a narrower neck than a classical. Jason Mraz uses a Taylor crossover for example.

Scout

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    near Fort Wayne
    My local pawn shops don't sell firearms anymore, they go somewhere and get sold online.

My favorite guitar is an '88 Electra X185 in Lipstick Red.

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    I run Ernie Ball Super Slinky 9's on all of my guitars. If you have a habit of breaking the high E then you either need to go a gauge higher or you arent changing them often enough. My main axe is a Jackson DK2S but I have backups...Ibanez, Kramer, Jackson and building a Tele and custom Ibanez JEM. My main amp is one that I built off of a Marshall 1970 schematic and I added the master volume and tweaked the preamp to my liking. I use to run my own amp shop and sold tubes and parts online but then my current job overtook time and $$.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I run Ernie Ball Super Slinky 9's on all of my guitars. If you have a habit of breaking the high E then you either need to go a gauge higher or you arent changing them often enough. My main axe is a Jackson DK2S but I have backups...Ibanez, Kramer, Jackson and building a Tele and custom Ibanez JEM. My main amp is one that I built off of a Marshall 1970 schematic and I added the master volume and tweaked the preamp to my liking. I use to run my own amp shop and sold tubes and parts online but then my current job overtook time and $$.

or he is one of those guys who plays far too forcefully. I know of a guy who breaks picks.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    No, this is my 'sits by the bed at home' guitar the strings get changed every decade or so.

Oh and for electrics Ernie Ball Super Slinky strings are what I used to use before I went all acoustic.

Top Bottom