• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    As others have mentioned, I don't think it'll have too much of an impact on smoking habits. If one accepts that to be true (as I have), this really isn't a big deal. In that regard they can put whatever they want on the side of the box, people will still smoke.

Johnson

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Indiana
    Talking about whether these new warnings will deter smokers or not is a moot point. Will somebody please show me where in the Constitution that the government is granted the power to force tabacco companies to put these labels on their product? This is simply a symptom of a larger problem.

Last edited:

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Wonder if I can file a lawsuit stating that the images effected me so badly that it bothered my mental health and am now suffering from PTLW (Post Traumatic Label Warnings) and I am now unable to work now due to the images seared into my brain and need full lifetime disability.

Do I smell a class action law suit? All us smokers could get a few bucks out of this... then we could buy a extra pack of smokes!

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    People respond to imagery differently. Myself, when I drive past the PP facility on the way to work and someone shoves a bloody fetus on an examination table next to a tape measure in my face, my initial reaction is to reject your message. I am offended by the imagery you used to make your point. Appeal to emotion is a logical fallacy. Gun banners, for lack of a better phrase, have used similar imagery in the past. Showing a child sized casket with an anti-gun slogan comes to mind. They don't work for me, but they work for some. I am sure a taxpayer funded study was done on the fact.

Top Bottom