• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dcobra

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    southport
    I was thinking of putting some XS Big dot sights on my g-26 and was wondering if anyone has tried these? I was also considering an upgrade on my g-17 sights to tritium and wondered if the sight picture changes drastically or if it is about the same as the stock sights? Thanks for any help!

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Do a search for "sights" in the Accessories and Gear forum. There are probably 10+ threads about Big Dots.

mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    XS24_7002.jpg

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    In my opinion, Big Dots are a gimmick at best.

How do you spell "Gimmick?" :) sheesh that doesnt look right.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    May be a gimmick. I tried with them and without. My time for good hits at 15+ yards is much faster with the gimmick XS Sights, for me. I'll put them on any of my Glocks for self defense. But it is totally different from stock sights of traditional three dot night sights.

Put the big dot where you want to hit. Get the back close. Pull the trigger. At self defense distances, you WILL hit the target. You also can't cover up the front dot with either of the back.

STRIKER

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2010
    I didn't like the sight picture and decided to go with Heinie Straight 8s instead.

I like having the slot for long/precise shots.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Glock factory night sights are manufactured by Meprolight...one of the best night sight systems out there! Meprolight is now owned by Kimber! I would suggest staying simple and getting Glock factory night sights from Lone Wolf Distributors - Main Page and having someone with Glock factory installation tools install them. I did that and it only cost me $10 to have a local gunsmith install them in less than 10 minutes. One call to Lone Wolf should answer all of your questions about your Glock...they're great!

mrw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    The big dot is too big for me. I have been thinking about adding the standard sized xs to my 229. I have their white stripe and tritium stripe on some rifles and lovemthem.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Sights, like anything else, are a very personal choice. Find what you shoot best with under the conditions that you're most likely to encounter in a self-defense situation and run with 'em.

wr0vae.jpg

dcobra

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    southport
    Glock factory night sights are manufactured by Meprolight...one of the best night sight systems out there! Meprolight is now owned by Kimber! I would suggest staying simple and getting Glock factory night sights from Lone Wolf Distributors - Main Page and having someone with Glock factory installation tools install them. I did that and it only cost me $10 to have a local gunsmith install them in less than 10 minutes. One call to Lone Wolf should answer all of your questions about your Glock...they're great!

now do these work well on a g-26? do you have experience with that combo?

malachi_s

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 30, 2010
    North Central Indian
    I have been wanting the Mepolight sights for my 26 but don't know of a Glock armorer in the Marion or near area. Does anyone have someone they have used in my neck of the woods?​

Top Bottom