• Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    New GLOCK Models Set For Summer 2017 - G19C And More - The Firearm Blog

Found this. It's kinda old though.

Why does everyone seem to hate the finger grooves so much? Mine is relatively comfortable.
    If you're one of the 15% or so of the population that they fit well, then it's no big deal.

My gripe with Glocks wasn't so much the finger grooves. It's that Compacts (19/23/32) hit my hand bones in such a way that all the grip pressure on the back strap is in two spots. I need a LOT more curve in their back strap to feel controllable. It was this, and not the modularity or trigger or anything really that made me choose P320 over G19.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    New Glocks, awesome!!! Been waiting a good while for a new 19 without the grooves, my gen3 can stop worrying about running into a dremel finally! The Glock hate is heavy in here, I love em!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2017
    Southern Indiana
    Just my personal observation here. I have never had an issue with my 19/23 size Glocks until I got an M&P 2.0. Now after using and carrying it for the last few months my compact Glocks now feel a little strange to me, guess the finger grooves, hump, and shorter grip do make a difference. However my issued G22 Gen 4 still feels good in the hand being a full size grip.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    More of the same except now without finger grooves and ambi slide stop, which only helps left hand guys. There's no true ambi mag release and no front serrations as they have talked before and the flared magwell does little

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    More of the same except now without finger grooves and ambi slide stop, which only helps left hand guys. There's no true ambi mag release and no front serrations as they have talked before and the flared magwell does little

Maybe they can do something really different next time, like tweak the trigger a little, color the slide gray, put some weird sights on it and call it something really cool. Like "Legion," or some other such nonsense. People would pay $400 over the base model for that. Especially if it comes with a coin and a secret handshake.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Remember the first batch of gen 4.875 whatever IMPD was issued and the slides would come off while unholstering.......yeah......glock is soooo much impervious on making an error

No, they didn't. The slides came off during dry fire and only after the trigger had been pressed.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2017
    Southern Indiana

Being a lefty I like the ambi slide stop. But after trying to change up and use it after all these years of slingshotting I gave up on it I don't switch my mag releases over to lefty style either.

sparky32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Morgantown
    Maybe they can do something really different next time, like tweak the trigger a little, color the slide gray, put some weird sights on it and call it something really cool. Like "Legion," or some other such nonsense. People would pay $400 over the base model for that. Especially if it comes with a coin and a secret handshake.

Do sig guys have a secret handshake to?? Thought it was just us glock fellas haha.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Do sig guys have a secret handshake to?? Thought it was just us glock fellas haha.

The sig shake is more of a dance routine

buy sig, sig put new color out, trade sig for loss, spend more on "new" sig, don't drop new sig, send back to sig, get upsold new dim night sights, get sig back, new sig theme pistol releases, trade sig for loss, get star handle sig, send in for recall, shoot friends glock bad, blame glock, get sig back, new sig releases, get desert theme sig, drop sig shoot window, make excuse and blame glock for making strikers poplular, trade sig for loss, get new old model sig, get laughed at by sig legion friends, trade sig for loss, spend more on legion, buy overpriced legion accessories, buy legion tomahawk, don't drop tomahawk, sig to heavy, trade sig for loss, .....

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    I was fortunate enough to shoot a 17M yesterday and I was impressed with it. Seems to have less felt recoil than any Glock I've shot other than a 19C but that's comparing apples and oranges. Best factory trigger I've felt on any Glock and accuracy was excellent but no farther that I shot (10 yards) not a proper test. No innovations but IMHO more of an improvement than the Gen 4 was over the Gen 3. Actually other than the mag release I'm not sure the Gen 4 was an improvement.
    I don't think anyone will be disappointed with the new model, IF it mimics the "M" model and I can see the possibility of a few converts. :) Who knows, maybe this could be the one that doesn't hate Churchmouse?:alright:

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] /[/FONT][FONT=&amp] RSO[/FONT]
    Glock certified armorer- M&P Certified armorer
    [FONT=&amp]“[/FONT]Safety is not something that you hold in your hands, it happens between your ears”

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I was fortunate enough to shoot a 17M yesterday and I was impressed with it. Seems to have less felt recoil than any Glock I've shot other than a 19C but that's comparing apples and oranges. Best factory trigger I've felt on any Glock and accuracy was excellent but no farther that I shot (10 yards) not a proper test. No innovations but IMHO more of an improvement than the Gen 4 was over the Gen 3. Actually other than the mag release I'm not sure the Gen 4 was an improvement.
    I don't think anyone will be disappointed with the new model, IF it mimics the "M" model and I can see the possibility of a few converts. :) Who knows, maybe this could be the one that doesn't hate Churchmouse?:alright:

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] /[/FONT][FONT=&amp] RSO[/FONT]
    Glock certified armorer- M&P Certified armorer
    [FONT=&amp]“[/FONT]Safety is not something that you hold in your hands, it happens between your ears”

I think churchmouse is planning a secret Glock reveal party on Saturday

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    So, simple changes that could have easily been on the gen 2, which is now gen 5, is raising the bar?

Yeah.....

You are forgetting the changes in gen 3's & 4's that are already incorporated in this gun. As best as I can tell, this looks to me to be the "M" version and not the "MHS" version.

No, it's not a complete redesign, but there are some significant changes IMHO that would make this a pretty good improvement above a gen 2 Glock.

So from what I can tell, here are the differences between a gen 2 and the gen 5 glocks.....

Slide

1. Rounded/Melted front slides....ala G26/G27.

2. New dual recoil spring assembly that is longer than the Gen 4 spring assemblies. This makes it a 1 pin locking block gun kinda like the gen 2's, but not exactly the same since it has to accommodate the new dual RSA. From what I have seen, this has decreased some feeding/ejection/timing issues and improved felt recoil a bit.

3. New firing pin safety design (to improve trigger pull)....ala G42/G43.

4. Longer/Thicker/Stronger recoil spring tab on the bottom front of the slide (since the RSA is larger).

5. Extractor that now includes a loaded chamber indicator and a debris channel.

6. Thinner LCI spring loaded bearing. Questionable benefit here.

7. Different rifling in the barrel to allow a larger variation of ammo.

8. Different coating for slides. This is probably better than some of the reports I have seen about the Gen 4 slides, but I'm not sure it will be better than the Gen 2 Tennifer treatment. That was pretty darn good stuff and really hard to beat.

Frame

9. Obviously the first and largest change is the inherently smaller frame with the ability to add additional backstraps to make it larger and to add a larger beavertail (think Grip Force Adapters from the factory). That is a pretty big change that a lot of people like.

10. A more aggressive texture on the frame.

11. Accessories rail.

12. Larger and reversible mag release.

13. Ambi slide stop.

14. Flared Magwell.

15. Beefier Ejector....30274 variant.

16. Updated trigger bar with bump on firing pin safety activation lobe and different geometry where trigger spring attaches to increase spring life.

17. Smooth trigger from the factory instead of the serrated trigger.

Magazine

18. Orange Follower.

19. Larger floor plate that assists with one handed manipulations.

Just because Glock finally removed the finger grooves, that does not mean it's the same as a Gen 2 gun. The Gen 2 Glocks were pretty good guns. If you have a pretty good design, then a complete redesign should not be needed. Just smaller changes to address issues as they are discovered. They have modified and updated most of the parts compared to the Gen 2 design to address those very issues. So far, I have listed 19 changes. Seems like a lot of changes for something that is supposedly almost the same as a Gen 2 gun.

So just because it appears to be similar to a Gen 2 Glock on the outside, there are a lot of differences between a Gen 2 and Gen 5. Most of which are for the better.

What were you expecting? A Glock that makes espresso and does your dishes for ya? A Bedazzled Glock? Glock making 1911's?

Just pull up photos of a Gen 2 and the "M" model and you will find many differences.

Here is a website I referenced in addition to this thread....

Photos of the GLOCK 19M Internals - Soldier Systems Daily

Last edited:
    Top Bottom