• ...and so much more!
  • Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    Hey guys..

So I've got my new Glock 23 here, and with a new size of handgun I found myself looking for holsters. It fits fine in my OWB Kydex holster from Rocketman, the ECP, but concealed carry holsters were something that needed investigated..

First up, I got an Eclipse Concealed Carry Pouch from the guys at Tactical Tailor. First, some general pics..

The Pouch Itself..

CIMG3373.jpg

As you can see, there's a nice zipper pocket on the front, which you can see here with my wallet and knife in it..

CIMG3374.jpg

And here, you can see a Glock 23 with a spare magazine stowed away inside.

CIMG3375.jpg

This is me, in my work attire.

CIMG3371.jpg

CIMG3372.jpg

Now, this holster won't work for everybody. I'll caution that a Glock 23 sized pistol is just on the boarderline of being too big for the pouch, and you have to really organize things to get it to fit right. A subcompact, like a 26/27 would probably fit just fine, as would a ton of other smaller handguns. I'm thinking that it might work well with a J-Frame, but I haven't gotten mine yet so I can't verify.

Second, there is a "look" to this holster. Working in electronics retail where everybody has Blackberries and PDAs and stuff it doesn't look too out of place - my manager commented on my new phone case (:n00b:) and my Glockie-Sense didn't tingle when I worked with customers, so I'm pretty sure I went 8 hours and talked with dozens of people without suspicion. In my line of work it seems to be okay, but it won't work for everyone.

Other than that, though, it's a decent little holster. It's concealed, yet open, easily accessable but invisible. For those who are looking for a different alternative, it's well construted and fits well.

Then, today, I got this little guy in the mail..

CIMG3376.jpg

It's a tuckable kydex/leather hybrid made by our own INGO member, Rookie. Looks like this..

CIMG3377.jpg

Comes with metal clips..

CIMG3378.jpg

Glock goes in like this..

CIMG3379.jpg

Clips go on something like this..

CIMG3380.jpg

(Rookie, how are the screws supposed to go, BTW??)

This is just a preliminary shot in my sweats, but you can see the fit of the holster here..

CIMG3384.jpg

I'll take more pics of fit when my pants and shirt are dry, but my initial impressions are as follows..

Nice holster, good construction! I have it loosely adjusted for now because I don't know how it all goes together, but it sits really nice. Even on sweatpants, if I tie the string a little bit tighter than the standard elastic it sits nice. I have no doubt that on a standard belt it'll be fantastic.

Just some quick impressions on my newest gear - hope it helps!

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    Well, I feel it's more of a nerdy-techy-pack, but you get the idea.. it doesn't really look or feel out of place in that sort of environment or dress, IMO..

Rookie's holster needs more time on the belt, but so far it's not too bulky. The leather isn't too thick, and the kydex is good.. it's an IWB holster, so you're gonna have to dress around it a little bit, but it's not bad. I've certainly tried worse!!

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Screw - finish washer - clip - neoprene washer - t-nut.

I would suggest dropping the rear clip down two and raising the front up one - it will give you more cant. Depending on how you like it - this will allow you to move the holster back a little (3:30-4:00 position) and will move the butt closer to your body. Your holster will need some break in time - about 50-100 draws to get it broke in. The leather will be more flexible after the first day and will become more flexible the more you wear it.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    BTW - instead of leather, imagine Neoprene. I love it, but I need to figure out some little finishing touches.

CAMOEDTJ

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    GREENWOOD
    BUBBAJAMS where did you get the pouch at?? ive allways said i would never wear a fanny pack but i like this concept much better than the fanny pack. i allways cc my g27 iwb, but with summer coming round the corner i fill like this option would work better for me since my job requires a lot of manual physical labor all day long, plus i can put some hand tools like a screwdriver, side cuts, pliars, what not that ill use through out the day in it and help camoflauge what i really am carrying in it:):

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    Why Thank You!

I'm gonna post more pics soon, but I can't speak highly enough about Rookie's holster. I wore it, tucked, for about 8 hours yesterday. Over an hour in the car, spent tons of time walking around with customers, and nobody gave the slightest indication that they knew something was amiss. Very well done, Rookie!

I do need to tighten the screws down again, but that's okay :)

IndianaSlim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    I've got 2 of rookie's holsters and they rock! I've got the same one forthe 23 with same results. I'm going to go try switching up the clip config a bit but it's an awesome holster. I've also got one for my XDM 40 that got here a couple days ago. I had a slight problem with the one for the XDM (not really a problem, I'm just anal). I pm'd rookie this morning with my phone number as it was one of those problems very hard to describe over pm and he called me 3 minutes later....literally. He offered to fix the malfunction (like i said very minor), but I chose to tackle it myself as it was an easy fix. Great guy, stands behind his products. I'm very interested to see what this neoprene will be like as I'm high onthe list for the upgrade from leather.

Bubbajams.....you need to tighten the screws till the little tabs on the nut compress....wont come loose any more!

Top Bottom