• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    I know a lot of you don't care much for Gander Mountain's gun section, but the new store in Lafayette was a much needed boost. I remember the Outdoor Sportsman that used to be open there and closed up a few years back. Visited all the time when I went to visit my kids at Purdue. Now I can peruse another store that carries firearms when I'm there. Same ol' same ol' price-wise. I just wonder if they price match like they do with the store in Hobart...

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Outdoor Sportsman

It was the Sportman's Warehouse . . . until the new owners, the evil Canadians, shut it down because they have two stomachs and a gizzard.

Sportsman's Warehouse: America's Premier Hunting, Fishing & Camping Outfitter

Here's more on the dangers of Canadians and how you can protect yourself from them sneaking up on you and making you watch ice soccer or eat funny bacon, which is actually ham:

http://booksbikesboomsticks.blogspot.com/2009/05/useh.html

There's a big honking thread on the Hill of Geese in Lafayette. Lafayette area INGOers love to peruse.:D

nm0369

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Greenwood
    Afaik Gander will not price match on guns. My dad is in the market for a Kimber, and has looked at a few different GM's. They typically have 4-6 models, and they are priced at full MSRP. They won't haggle on price, stating "we sell them almost as fast as we get them". I wouldn't suggest buying any handgun at GM....as they can be had for 10-20% less elsewhere :bash:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    Ahhhh that's right...Sportsman's Warehouse! Also, they do "haggle"...because I've done it at the Hobart store, as long as you bring in an advertisement. So it saved me a trip to Blythe's by showing them the store ad and telling them I wanted that particular gun. So at almost $4/gallon, it was worth it. They are hungry for sales just like the next guy. Just ask or demand they price match and they'll cave.

squidvt

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    Southport, IN
    One problem I had with GM was their sales people. I'm not sure how well they are trained, but I don't like to look at the end that goes bang as the sales guy is checking the weapon, or having it point at my son.

Their ammo prices didn't seem to bad.

Top Bottom