• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    I was fortunate enough to get a 9mm 1911 built by Gavin Ford, Home. This was a gun he built for a raffle fundraiser for the IN SS/Prod/Rev USPSA match.

I wanted to take a minute to highlight his work. It's impressive! I'm keeping this piece! I'm not a big SS shooter, but I'll be using this gun from time to time. It will, however, be my primary steel gun.

I've never said this about a gun before, but it's almost too pretty to be putting a bunch of holster wear on. Almost.
    smile.png

I'm no photographer, but here are a couple photos of the gun. Notice the high-power cut, bobbed nose with slant spring plug, tri-topped and scaled slide, the bevel on the bottom of the slide, and flawless fit/blending of the slide/frame/grip safety. There are lots of well done subtle features.... Trim/bevel on the slide stop pin, checkering, mag well, etc.

image.jpg8_zps9h4pntcf.jpg

image.jpg2_zpsykjorjdb.jpg

image.jpg11_zpsmlvzud0v.jpg

image.jpg12_zps5ugjsfhb.jpg

image.jpg1_zpsdsknsllx.jpg

So how does it shoot?
    Well, I've only had a chance to get it out one time and put a handful of rounds through it. I was hoping for some better refrigerator art to show off Gavin's work, but I got sloppy on my 3rd or 4th shot. I shot this group at 15 yards. At least it shows the potential the gun has (and the lack of potential the shooter has!)

image.jpg1_zpsdfqu2yza.jpg

So now we know it shoots, how does it SHOOT? Here's 6 rounds in 0.65s. With 135 PF loads it's like shooting a .22. It's unbelievably flat. The trigger breaks cleanly about 2.6 lb by my gauge, right where I like it. It ran perfectly even with the 120 PF loads I use for popper calibration. This thing is FUN!

[video=youtube;fCvd5W4jm0c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCvd5W4jm0c[/video]

The only thing I plan to change is the grips, and that's just a preference thing; I like grips that are a little thicker.

-rvb

Last edited:

cook4army

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Greenfield, IN
    Every day I log onto Ingo, and learn something new....I had NO idea that there was a gun manufacturer named "Ford".....when I saw this thread I was thinking that the auto maker was delving into a new realm of products.

Top Bottom