• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I've been tracking the FNS from FN for about a year now. I'm a fan of their products but didn't really like the DA/SA pistols so when the news came out of a striker fired version I knew I wanted to try one. I had just learned of their availability last week and then tuesday saw them on Buds, ordered it that morning and yesterday it arrived at BGF. I've never seen something shipped same day from Buds and barely had time to let BGF know it was coming.
    On to the pistol. The FNS feels great in the hand and points well for me. There is just enough stippling to feel good but not too aggressive as to be annoying. The trigger is great in my opinion but you'll have to try that out for yourself I suppose. The best part of the trigger pull is the reset, very noticeable and pronounced and doesn't leave you wondering. It has a takedown lever like an XD and others so nothing new there. The trigger does need to be pulled for disassembly but you have to start from slidelock so should be a non-issue.
    This pistol comes standard with nightsights and the rear has a u-notch like a 10-8 sight that is becoming popular and is my preferred style. It has the obligatory light rail and interchangeable backstraps and comes with one on the pistol and one in the box. The FNS is fully ambidextrous and does come with an ambi safety that functions like a 1911. The safety lever is very small but still easy to operate but I probably won't even use it. From what I understand there will be versions without the safety and also a 5 inch bbl on the way. The FNS like other FN pistols comes with 3 magazines (17 round) and a pretty nice hard case.
    The bottom of the grip is somewhat flared out which makes for an unobtrusive but very big opening for your magazine. If you botch a reload with this pistol go ahead and punch yourself in the face because the opening is cavernous. Went and shot it today and went through at least 150 rounds just because it was so much fun to shoot. It's the most accurate poly pistol I have shot so far with one group being under .5 inch with a single flyer to open it up to just under 1 inch at about 10 yards without trying that hard. Bore axis is very low on this pistol and that in combination with the 9mm chambering makes it easy to shoot. Keep in mind that my pistol at least locks up like a vault, similar to nicely fit 1911 and takes a little yank to unlock the barrel and rack the slide. All in all i'm very happy and might actually have a pistol I hold onto for awhile.

002-1.jpg

003-1.jpg

004-1.jpg

005-1.jpg

jayhawk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Sounds like a winner, and it's good to see FN get into the striker-fired polymer game. The flared mag well definitely seems like a nice feature to have. I'm sure it will give the "other three" some competition.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    392   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Great Gun..

That is a great gun..I'm the only other one that got to "Massage" it. Did so this AM.
    BTW, I also got a slick S&W Model 10 in the process..Bill.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    That is a great gun..I'm the only other one that got to "Massage" it. Did so this AM.
    BTW, I also got a slick S&W Model 10 in the process..Bill.

It was nice to have met you, glad you like that Smith.

Held one of these at the 1500 show. I will definitely look into these more. Great company with alot of history and a sweet looking piece!

How did I miss one of these at the 1500 and I went both days specifically looking for one?? I also forgot to mention that the feedramp came polished like you would see on a custom 1911, I liked that attention to detail.

dondavis3

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    DFW area
    I've got a FNP 9

dbe18917.jpg

I love it and shoot it often.

My son has a FNX .40 and has found his to be as good for him as mine has been for me.

You'll like the gun IMHO

:cool:

Top Bottom