• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nahfuten

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Zionsville
    I'm looking for a good flashlight in case I need to identify a target in my home in the middle of the night. I've been pretty disappointed by what I've seen so far. Anyone have suggestions?

I'm looking for something that is obscenely bright and can momentarily disorient/blind/incapacitate someone in my home. Hand held, not gun mounted, and enough distance to light up the front of the neighbor's house across the street if necessary.

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    Surefire G2L; it has the quick push cap that you use your thumb to activate and hold in to keep it on-- then you simply remove your thumb off the cap to shut it off.

Fenix flashlights are awesome: I have the T20 on my home firearm--- it casts a beam to about 100 yards out (or more, depending humidity/fog at night).

I have those two personally. I carry the G2L on my person always.

r6vr6

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Granger
    You don't want something too bright (not much more than 100-120 lms) because if you just wake up you'll be blinding yourself with the reflection of a crazy bright light. A G2 LED is a good light. If you have a handgun to mount to you might want a TLR-1 or similar type light.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I would recommend Fenix lights. The strobe mode will certainly disorient anybody it is pointed at. The thing I really like about the strobe is that it takes advantage of the way your eyes adjust to bright/dark conditions, and you can see fully well, but the target can't see anything except a bright strobe light.

I recently heard about quark lights as well. They're very similar to fenix lights so you may want to check them out as well.

IMHO, Surefire are way overpriced. They are good quality lights, but way overbuilt for anything that the home user is going to put them through. My fenix has been through a lot, and its still just like the day I bought it (other than scrapes and scratches).

Last edited:

zip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    I have 2 that rotate in and out depending on pocket space.

The first is a nitecore extreme r2 cree
    NiteCore Defender Infinity R2 Edition 4Sevens.Com

It's small and uses one AA battery. It's rated at 145 lumens for about 50 minutes of run time. It has strobe and a variable intensity low mode. I use this a lot when I do not have a lot of pocket room. It's not much bigger than a AA battery. the bezel is shaped to be used as an impact device. I have had this one for about a year it has never let me down.

the other one i use is a Olight M20 warrior I bought this one a few month ago and really like it
    http://www.4sevens.com/product_info.php?cPath=86&products_id=543
    it uses 2 cr123 batteries it's rated at 250 lumens on high it is rated at 4 hour run time.

This light is larger than I expected but not to large to carry in jean pocket.
    this light is BRIGHT, not too much to dazzle you when you turn in on in the dark. This one has a pocket clip with is nice. I bought the holiday package witch came with pouch, lanyard, cigar ring, and a key chain light rated at 90 lumens. This light has a tremendous throw. I find my self using this one when i am in the wood over my surefire 9AN commander w/ turbo head. This light also has a strobe feature.

Hope this helps and was not too hard to read.

Woodsman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New albany
    I like the Surefire 6P series. Have one with the normal bulb (Xenon?) and one with the LED (for longer battery life). The first one is brighter however.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I'm looking for a good flashlight in case I need to identify a target in my home in the middle of the night. I've been pretty disappointed by what I've seen so far. Anyone have suggestions?

I'm looking for something that is obscenely bright and can momentarily disorient/blind/incapacitate someone in my home. Hand held, not gun mounted, and enough distance to light up the front of the neighbor's house across the street if necessary.

1. Fenix TK11 (R2 version), TK11, or TK10
    2. OLight M20 Warrior Premium
    These make 240-250 lumens depending on the model. The TK11 will easily give you 200 m of throw on a clear night. The Olight M20 will do about the same.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    You might be right. I got my box out and checked the specs and it says PD-30 Cree XR-E LED (R2), 235 lumens. I didn't know there was 2 different PD-30's until I scrolled down and found this (the right one).....

Fenix's homepages

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    My current light is a Streamlight Strion LED.

160/80/40 lm modes + strobe

Rechargeable, the flashlight plugs into the charger, you don't have to remove the battery.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    a strobe is a make or break feature that all my light MUST have, and to my knowledge surefire doesn't provide that and for the money they charge for lights you should get like a free trip somewhere given the amount you pay for the features you get.

Top Bottom