• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I wanted to like this show, I really did.....but I'm not sure that I will watch it again! I can't STAND his daughter and I'm not sure I like any of the cast, JMO!

I'm sure a lot of it is scripted. You'll see the nice guy, the byeotch, the ******* and the average guy, well sorta. Like someone above said maybe an American Chopper about guns. The daughter is already on my nerves!

Last edited by a moderator:

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Grant County
    I enjoyed it too A really refreshing change from the typical reality shows where someone is always fighting or they are under an insanely short time schedule.
    I think Will had a few funny one liners.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I wanted to like this show, I really did.....but I'm not sure that I will watch it again! I can't STAND his daughter and I'm not sure I like any of the cast, JMO!

The daughters comment basically solidified me not liking nor watching it again:
    "Only 2 people in this world can tell my dad what to do.....me and god"

Yep, I'll go back to watching something like American Idol instead! :(

Seriously? I thought she was H O T! Of course, I have a thing for tall dark haired beauties and a southern accent doesn't hurt:naughty:

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    I think they are trying to cut into "Midway USA's Night at the Range" on the Outdoor Channel. You know, the shows with substance ... like Shooting USA, Sighting in with Shooting USA, Best Defense, etc.

If I had to choose between a "reality" show (think entertainment) and an educational show about shooting/firearms/self defense, I would rather be educated than entertained. Even the Sportsman Channel has better programming such as Tactical Arms, Personal Defense TV, Guns and Ammo Television, etc.

BTW ... this isn't a slam on the subjects of the show. I'm talking about what this or any reality show eventually devolves into ... pointless drama.

Last edited:

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    The guys on this show have obviously never been to The Knob Creek shoot and checked out some of the tables.....

I doubt that. Will owns quite a few machine guns. A lot of them are on the wall of his office.

Im pretty sure he has a class II SOT.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    Ok...shows over and I am not impressed. The suppressed Saiga not that difficult and successful suppressed shotguns have been done before. As for the masterkey...

knightmasterkey.jpg

I have also seen 1100's done this way. Why use a shotgun that has a non structural receiver top and a mag that will get in the way?

Show was entertaining at points but a shop that makes "military guns" staffed by smiths that have never heard of a M-203....not impressive at all.

cgbills

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Avon
    The thing that killed me about the master key project is that they showed an apparent need for the system due to the breach man needing to immediately transition from the breach weapon to his weapon he would use in the room; all the while he is conducting this transition standing in the doorway. Also he said that a shotgun would be useless in a CQB role, which is incorrect because a shotgun is perfectly suited for a close quarters role. If you need a more precision weapon like a rifle and you needed that rifle to be the first one in the room; you simple have the breach man with the shotgun fall to the back of the breaching team and have the first man in the stack with a rifle be the first man in. It just seemed like they were trying to resolve a problem that does not exist. You just have the breech man shoot the lock, the second man in the line start the entry into the room and the breach man be the last one into the room, giving him time to transition. No need for some master key that that has existed for decades and no need for some drama that there is an immediate need for said weapon. Just seems like they are trying to dramatize and make the stuff that they do seem “cooler” when it is really not so.:ranton:

cgbills

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Avon
    I have also seen 1100's done this way. Why use a shotgun that has a non structural receiver top and a mag that will get in the way?

It did seem strange that they would use a Saiga for an under mount shotgun when A. you need only one or two rounds to breach and there is no real need for semi-auto fire/mag fed shotgun and B. the part you would mount to the rifle is the non-one piece upper riciever of an AK type weapon. Maybe it was to further promote the concept of his shop "Red" Jacket. Did you see anything other than AK type weapons on the walls?

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    I actually thought it was free of the family bickering +1 for that. While the daughter might grate on me - it was good to actually see a family conduct business in a manner that doesn't make you want to call for a pshrink.

I thought the show itself it was interesting enough. As for the lack of "technical difficultly" that some above have posted - remember this isn't "badass gunsmithing 101" class. It's entertainment based on someone who does some wild custom work. It's like we're watching "Welcome Back Kotter" and people are griping because they think Gabe Kaplan should be doing more difficult Calculus... (OK that was a stretch... but hey it's early in the am... I apologize for the bad analogy) I suspect that there will be more cool stuff to come.

As for using a Saiga on the "masterkey" build: I expect that that's what they would use because that's what they have at hand and a semiauto makes ok sense for a quick followup shot. Mag Fed is overkill perhaps - but a long tube would get in the way as much as a short mag. And yeah, Saiga's are the canvas that Red Jacket paints on - so why the heck not? The final arbiter of whether he was successful was what they showed at the end - the SWAT fellow ordered 8 of them. Apparently that worked!

I would say that if the objective of the show was to expose Will to a wider audience and increase his business - raging success! Good on him for doing it! Most Saiga enthusiasts have already heard of Red Jacket, but hey exposure can't hurt. And it definitely will help build their custom following.

Oh and Kirk - I don't see your "British person to save the day..." anywhere in sight... :D

I'll watch it again.

pftraining_in

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    IN: South of I-70
    I found it interesting that every concept he claims they will be the first to come up with has been around for at least 10 years. All his design issues could be solved with a google search.

$28 for a T-shirt?

I would be interested in him explaining how he got a semi auto, magazine fed, SBS to function with breaching rounds. Additionally, how would the officer ever go prone with 4" of magazine hanging underneath.

Last edited:

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    I haven't watched it yet, recorded it though so I can watch it tonight.

C'mon now Zombie. You have to have at least one villian on every reality TV show. Gives us something to complain about in our normal boring lives. :)

Top Bottom