• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sig-sweet

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don't own a 9mm but hopefully that will change someday. IMHO, it's not the scal of the bullet, it's the ballistic attributes and the shot placement that count. I can have a 50 cal at two feet and still lose the fight if I don't hit the vital areas. I advise you get something YOU are comfortable with (9mm is just as good as any) decide how, where, when you want to carry it, and go from there. I do have a glock 27/40 cal. for cc/backup But I'd be just as comfortable with a 9mm, or say a 380. Ammo has come a long way in recent years, what's inportant is what you are comfy with. Investigate your choices and pratice often. Good luck, you'll do fine.

Last edited:

OrangeCrate

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    Hey right now i have a a basic 9mm, its a decent gun but i'm looking to find a new gun to cc, i want something that pacts more punch than my 9mm but thats not so big it would be hard to conceal in my normal jeans and t shirt. so whats every body's favorite cc gun? thanks for any and all ideas

I know this won't be a new suggestion around here, many members carry a similar rig, but if you're looking for an alternative to the 9mm, I carry a S&W Model 60 (.357) loaded with Remington +P 158 Grain LHPs.

Being left handed, I carry in my left front jeans pocket, with an inside the pocket holster, and I carry a reload in the watch pocket on the right. (5 rounds, Bianchi speed strip.) Very easy to conceal with a t-shirt, long sleeve shirt, jacket, etc.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    You'll see a few people recommending a small revolver for concealed carry...

Fair warning, these are NOT easy guns to master/shoot well. And they kick like a MULE. One in .38Special +P will put the hurt on you. One in .357magnum is downright nasty brutal.

I do my best to not recommend these for A) beginners B) those with weak hands. (whether they be men or women)

-J-

gestu1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2009
    I carry a S&W M&P 45. I've carried it in my pants under a shirt with no problem. The M&P 45 compact is also easy to carry. Both pack a good punch.

Long Live The Fighters!

alwalker84

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I usually carry my m&p 9mm, but I lately started carrying my smith 669

28at6wp.jpg

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    I'll agree with a couple of the earlier posters. The 9mm makarov worked for the Russian army (and most of the rest of the warsaw pact nations) forever. It's a proven, efficient design. And the 9mm mak round is more than sufficient to the task too. Also, once in two or three blue moons a whole shipload of the stuff (seems like) comes in, and it's dirt cheap for a while. If you like what you've got now, stick with it. It's fine.

K9stang

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    Southern IN
    FWIW, I just picked up a Mak with the intention of ccw. Like others have said it works for the warsaw pact and it was issued for about 50 yrs.

rpcblast

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2009
    This caught my interest as well. I recently purchased a full Taurus 1911, and love it. The only problem is, being that well I took the other members advice and said yes to bacon too many times. I cant seem to not get mine to print, and am looking for something that I can conceal a lil better. I like the 1911 design, and would like to stick with 45. I saw the Colt defenders look pretty nice and want to know your thoughts on those.

Also, what about a sig p229 in 40, or if they make it, in 45?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom