New carry rig for the G19, need some input...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    I have found the ultimate inside the waist band holster for me and my G19... Milt Sparks VM2.
    I found one used on another forum for $110 shipped and it's hands down the most comfortable holster I've ever owned. Extremely good quality.
    Knowing what I know now, I would have paid full price for one and that's saying something because the buggers are expensive.

indyff

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    I am 5 foot 10 inches and 170 I carry a Glock 19 OWB in a raven concealment at about the 4 0'clock and conceal it fine. But if you want IWB I would go with bravo concealment.

Glocktard

Marksman
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Feb 19, 2016
    Central
    I carry AIWB but i use the raven vanguard 2. It would work three o'clock, it just cover the trigger guard so it is very minimal and i forget i have it on sometimes. The best part is it's only 35 bucks. Try it if you don't like it you are only out a little bit of money.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    You guys are the best.

Looks like the Raven Phantom is the winner for OWB use.

I am going to order an INCOG for IWB duty. At the price point there doesn't seem to be much downside.

Glocktard

Marksman
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Feb 19, 2016
    Central
    You guys are the best.

Looks like the Raven Phantom is the winner for OWB use.

I am going to order an INCOG for IWB duty. At the price point there doesn't seem to be much downside.
    Can you post a review of the INCOG when you get it? I was looking at them the other day and they seem interesting.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    Can you post a review of the INCOG when you get it? I was looking at them the other day and they seem interesting.

The G-Code INCOG w spare mag caddy is what I've used for about a year when carrying IWB.

I stand 5'8" @ around 265 and wear a 44/46 by 30" pants. Carrying at 3 o'clock, I'm able to grab the spare M&P mag from the caddy w/ my support hand, allowing me to have two spare mags available to my support and at least one to my primary hand.

The INCOG is a great product. I prefer two points of contact for a holster, plus the clips they use adds a little torque to keep the firearm grip pushed into your body. The mag caddy is made from the same quality materials as the holster and is just as adjustable in ride height as the holster. The only thing I would change about the mag caddy is the ability to adjust the cant of the mag away from the firearm. Having a few degrees of cant away would remove the chances of your front sight hitting the spare mag during a draw. Carrying the M&P, it has a front lip on the mags that protrudes more than a Glock mag, so I know that this isn't an issue for everyone using this holster / caddy combo.

My main praise for this holster is the fact that it doesn't walk around on me when carried with my Daltech Force Bio-Belt. My belly doesn't help my pants stay up, but that holster doesn't move from the spot I placed it when getting dressed. The "tactical fuzz" helps keep just enough traction to not allow it to walk around as I've experienced with other kydex.

Nitreoxide

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2016
    Morresville
    I carry a vp 9 in an alien gear tuckable every day under my dress clothes. It is a pain to tuck your shirt in at first but after awhile it becomes part of your morning routine.

Top Bottom