• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    I already boycott the Colts. Guess this adds fuel to the fire. I cant support a team that sucks money from taxpayers to pay for a new stadium, screwed thousands out of jobs when they left Baltimore in the middle of the night and forces everyone that comes to Indy to support their cause through specialty taxes. No thanks.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    can i wear my NE Patriots gear when we do it?

Sure, but I have a feeling there will be a whole lot of crickets in this thread. I saw this article yesterday at work. I believe it was in Saturday's paper. The TSA restaurant thread reminded me of it.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Whta are you boycotting?

A lot of INGO'ers boycott businesses with no guns signs so I thought they might want to add the Colts to their list. The Colts are fighting to keep their gun ban at Lucas Oil Stadium.

------------------

I'm seeing an INGO event of epic proportions here. We can invite all gun owning Colts fans. Everyone can bring their colts gear and memorabilia for the bonfire to roast weenies and marshmallows on. They can line up all their Colts fatheads up for the shoot.

But somehow, I think most gun owning Colts fans are willing to make an exception for their beloved entertainment.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    I already boycott the Colts. Guess this adds fuel to the fire. I cant support a team that sucks money from taxpayers to pay for a new stadium, screwed thousands out of jobs when they left Baltimore in the middle of the night and forces everyone that comes to Indy to support their cause through specialty taxes. No thanks.

That's cool with me, Lucas Oil Stadium is too crowded on game day anyway. You show 'em!

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Sometimes, I think people just like to believe the most controversial thing possible to spice up their life. Nothing in the bill prohibits a property owner from restricting firearms on their property.

It clearly states in section D "(d) This section may be not construed:
    18 (1) to prohibit a person who owns, leases, rents, or otherwise
    19 legally controls private property from regulating or
    20 prohibiting the possession of firearms on the private
    21 property;

All it does is allow you to take your pistol to target practice without having to apply for a license. AS LONG AS, the place you want to target practice says it's ok.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Sometimes, I think people just like to believe the most controversial thing possible to spice up their life. Nothing in the bill prohibits a property owner from restricting firearms on their property.

It clearly states in section D "(d) This section may be not construed:
    18 (1) to prohibit a person who owns, leases, rents, or otherwise
    19 legally controls private property from regulating or
    20 prohibiting the possession of firearms on the private
    21 property;

All it does is allow you to take your pistol to target practice without having to apply for a license. AS LONG AS, the place you want to target practice says it's ok.

That's SB 506 you're thinking of at the end there... SB 292 is preemption, preventing, say, Indy from disallowing carry in public parks or public buildings that do not contain courtrooms (with a few exceptions) SB 506 addresses transportation without a license. ;)

Blessings,
    Bill

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    A lot of INGO'ers boycott businesses with no guns signs so I thought they might want to add the Colts to their list. The Colts are fighting to keep their gun ban at Lucas Oil Stadium.

------------------

I'm seeing an INGO event of epic proportions here. We can invite all gun owning Colts fans. Everyone can bring their colts gear and memorabilia for the bonfire to roast weenies and marshmallows on. They can line up all their Colts fatheads up for the shoot.

But somehow, I think most gun owning Colts fans are willing to make an exception for their beloved entertainment.

That's cool with me, Lucas Oil Stadium is too crowded on game day anyway. You show 'em!

For me, the main issue with LOS banning guns is that I'm paying for that building and I've NEVER stepped foot in. I don't OC but I could be down with this one. :draw:

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    That's SB 506 you're thinking of at the end there... SB 292 is preemption, preventing, say, Indy from disallowing carry in public parks or public buildings that do not contain courtrooms (with a few exceptions) SB 506 addresses transportation without a license. ;)

Blessings,
    Bill

Thanks for the clarification. Didn't know there were multiple bills floating around. :)

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    My exact thoughts...

like I've said in a different thread on LOS and their gun ban...IF it's a private building (like a store is for example), they have the right to ban my gun. And I have the right to not spend my money there. However, in this case, my right to choose where to spend my money was made for me. No, I don't mind paying taxes...but not for this.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Tax payers didn't pay for the building.... folks who buy soda and food at restaurants bought the building. Not to mention the huge city profits that come from it also.

BTW, I love the post office and our local PD, and I'm not boycotting them either.

Top Bottom