• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Now here's a bi-partisan bill that should be approved and sent on for signing. Sadly, many on the right and left will vote against it, rather than give vets access to something safe and effective. They'd rather see them keep OD'ing and dying than see them gain relief from what they caused in the first place. Here's hoping it manages to get passed and signed into law, although I don't see how it will work if they don't reschedule marijuana from its current ludicrous Schedule 1 status.

New bill would allow the VA to recommend medical marijuana for patients - The Washington Post

Last edited:

cwillour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    90   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    I could see letting VA doctors discuss the possible benefits or possibly even writing a prescription for it. (maybe) I don't see how the VA could distribute or pay for it, though, given the current legal framework.

CBR1000rr

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    In an eastern valley
    I'm neither for or against marijuana. To each his own. I do, however, know of someone who was able to quit taking hisoxycontin that was being supplemented with percoset in favor of marijuana. If I recall correctly, he was taking 3 or 4 80mg (not sure if that's the right dosage) of oxycontin and percoset 10mg 2 time between doses after his truck was flipped by an ied.

At the end of the day, he feels better, sleeps better and generally functions better than he did when he was on prescription med. Additionally, his pharmacist no longer treats him like a **** bag drug abuser.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    The VA healthcare system needs to be shut down nearly entirely. It's absurd to pigeon-hole vets into the VA system. Wipe the VA, pay for private industry care, and problem solved.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    The VA healthcare system needs to be shut down nearly entirely. It's absurd to pigeon-hole vets into the VA system. Wipe the VA, pay for private industry care, and problem solved.

I gotta admit, as much as I would like to see the VA demolished entirely, I don't know that the government could run a veteran's insurance company all that much better.

Top Bottom