• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    Three weeks ago I got my first production sample from Blade-tech of the new training bolt I designed. I've put it through some testing in several rifles and have been very pleased with the way it turned out. Up until this point I had been testing prototypes built on a 3D rapid prototyper.

The concept was to make a way to safely use a live rifle in non-live fire training.

To get demo or training rifles I have seen some instructors pull bolt carrier groups out of guns and then use them. I have seen chamber flags used. I've seen "empty" airsoft. Worse yet, I've seen "empty" live guns used. Of course there's always blue or red long guns at $100+ a pop.

Each method above has a down side. I wanted something inexpensive and portable that allowed the use of a stock rifle, but also completely precluded the use of live ammo in training.

Here are some pics of what I came up with:

tb5.jpg

tb1.jpg

tb2.jpg

tb3.jpg

tb4.jpg

You can still charge the rifle and dry fire. You can still use your optics, grips, sights, stocks, etc. It works on ARs with a barrel length up to 24 inches. The Training Bolt gives a bright yellow visual indicator at the ejection port as well as the end of the muzzle to clearly show in 360 degrees that the rifle has been converted for training. There is also very little risk of someone accidentally taking a converted training rifle on duty with them.

Here is a link to the Training Bolt on Blade Tech's site:
    Rifle Training Bolt :: Training Accessories :: Blade-Tech Industries

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    Thank you. I expect that people who use their ARs for training will see the utility in this product.

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    The paracord attached to the plastic at the muzzle. Is there a purpose other than another visual indication of a safe rifle?

It's actually shock cord so it stretches with the bolt carrier group meaning you can still rack the bolt and reset the trigger. The bungee cord also occupies the chamber and the full length of the barrel so there is a 0% chance if the muzzle indicator is attached that the bolt carrier group is also not in place.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom