• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AK471025

Plinker
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    I just got back from a new gun store in fort wayne and i picked up a colt LE6920 with the flip up rear sight and regular plastic front heat shield, 6 troy ar 15 magazines, and 200 rounds or american eagle 5.56. I got all this all brand new for under $1400 out the door after tax. Think I did good????

This is my first ar 15 since i sold my bushmaster years back and i am very excited since i didnt think i could get a colt in my price range. Was the colt LE6920 a good choice?

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Yes, you did good! The extra mags and ammo alone are worth >$300 in today's market.Pics or it didn't happen. LOL

AK471025

Plinker
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    Ill take a picture when i get back from work. The mags are troy battle mags and they has battle backs that came with 3 mags for 45 bucks. They also had pmags for 20 bucks. The store just opened today and they had a coupon in the paper for 10% off all gun purchases!! In case your wanting to go there, here is the link ARMSLIST - For Sale: new discount gun and ammo store

They were good to me so ill help them out!

AK471025

Plinker
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    GEDC0020.jpg

Heres a pic of the exact same rifle as mine. They had two in stock but i decided to get the one with the pop up rear sight instead of the removable carry handle because im planning on putting a scope on it any how. I figured in the long run its always good to have back up irons on the gun to!

fbongo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Just stopped by the store; nice selection of handguns and friendly staff. Glad to see another store in FW.

fbongo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Sounds pretty sketchy...

It is a legit store; I don't have the background but I had the impression that they just opened this week and weren't ready or used to even the small amount of customers browsing in the store.

I am looking for a Shield 9mm, which they didn't have and wouldn't take names or pre-orders for because he didn't want to hassle with it.

There was a decent supply of ammo, and the prices on both the guns and the ammo was fair.

AK471025

Plinker
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    Sounds pretty sketchy...
    They just opened on monday, Its a legit store. If i remember right the stores name is Wrigleys guns. They use to be located in churibusco or however you spell it. It is the most fair prices in ft wayne from what i saw. I was there first customer and first sale!

jeager361

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    I have purchased from Wrigley before at different gun shows. They seem like good people to deal with. I guess I am going to just have to stop in and say hello tomorrow.

I had not heard that they opened a store here in town. Thanks for the info!

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    I went in today to check out Wrigley Discount. Little shop but they have some inventory. Prices are pretty decent and they even have some ammo! They had Troy battle mags in a three pack for only $42. I was pretty impressed.

Having said that, I was there for about 10 mins and was never spoken to. To test them out I asked a question and was given a flippant answer and promptly dismissed. I asked IF they had 5.45 AK74 ammo. They didn't have any, not a surprise these days, but they were rude and dismissive.

Being an operations VP I am constantly amazed at the rudeness and outright arrogance shown to customers of a new gun shop. I'll never step foot in Sniperco or Freedom Arms again for this very reason. I will now add this shop to the list. There is nothing there I can't get on the internet faster and cheaper guys!:dunno:

AK471025

Plinker
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    I went in today to check out Wrigley Discount. Little shop but they have some inventory. Prices are pretty decent and they even have some ammo! They had Troy battle mags in a three pack for only $42. I was pretty impressed.

Having said that, I was there for about 10 mins and was never spoken to. To test them out I asked a question and was given a flippant answer and promptly dismissed. I asked IF they had 5.45 AK74 ammo. They didn't have any, not a surprise these days, but they were rude and dismissive.

Being an operations VP I am constantly amazed at the rudeness and outright arrogance shown to customers of a new gun shop. I'll never step foot in Sniperco or Freedom Arms again for this very reason. I will now add this shop to the list. There is nothing there I can't get on the internet faster and cheaper guys!:dunno:
    You see any ar's in stock while you were there?
    Also, i think they were an online only company before this so i think they may be overwhelmed by the customers walking in. Who knows :dunno:

Top Bottom