• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    It is about time capitalism showed its face. With demand so high, I was stymied as to why no one was opening new plants, or at least why no one was announcing new openings or expansions.

Hopefully, we'll see more of this and at some point have a glut, driving prices down.
    All I know is that at some point, people are going to have to start shooting the stuff they've stockpiled, or their wives are going to get cranky about all the ammo cans or space they are taking up.

I've got an 1800 sf basement and a 4000 sf barn. I don't think my wife has to worry about how much room my ammo takes up.

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    Please tell where Lumberton, is..... What large city, is it close to ?????

about 30 miles south of fayetteville/ft. bragg

Isn't Lumberton where Mike Jordan's father was killed?
    yes, he was killed just south of town.

and, from upthread, there is an elkay facility in lumberton, but it is not the corporate headquarters.

cook4army

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Greenfield, IN
    It is about time capitalism showed its face. With demand so high, I was stymied as to why no one was opening new plants, or at least why no one was announcing new openings or expansions.

Hopefully, we'll see more of this and at some point have a glut, driving prices down.
    All I know is that at some point, people are going to have to start shooting the stuff they've stockpiled, or their wives are going to get cranky about all the ammo cans or space they are taking up.

Phew.......for a second I thought I was in trouble with the wife for stockpiling....good thing I got rid of her, now I can stockpile as many ammo cans as I want.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I've also wondered why new gas refiners haven't sprung up too for similar reasons.

They are. The Dakotas are sprouting refineries thanks to the new oil deposits found there.

North Dakota Undergoes Refining Renaissance - WSJ.com

If that giant Canadian pipeline project (Keystone, was it?) ever gets approved, you'll probably see more built again. I don't know much about the industry, but I'd guess its a lot tougher to get the logistics up for a refinery over a regular manufacturing plant. The pipelines and whatnot to feed it, plus the Not In My Backyard crowd and environmental regs, tough to do.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    They are. The Dakotas are sprouting refineries thanks to the new oil deposits found there.

North Dakota Undergoes Refining Renaissance - WSJ.com

If that giant Canadian pipeline project (Keystone, was it?) ever gets approved, you'll probably see more built again. I don't know much about the industry, but I'd guess its a lot tougher to get the logistics up for a refinery over a regular manufacturing plant. The pipelines and whatnot to feed it, plus the Not In My Backyard crowd and environmental regs, tough to do.

Unfortunately, the NIMBY crowd has expanded to consider anywhere on the face of the planet their 'back yard'. Hopefully it will happen, but it will be an uphill battle, especially with the Kenyan's crew turned loose in government like small children in a candy shop.

Top Bottom