• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mattyd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2011
    I have purchased the LC9s and love it. It has a great trigger with good reset. I changed the sights to Fire sights and added the crimson trace laserguard. This is very thin, compact and easy to carry. Holsters and magazines are easy to find. I was surprised how accurate it was when I took it to the range. I looked at the shield but like the size and the trigger of the LC9s better. I liked it well enough that I bought a second one for my wife. Good luck with you decision.

Great idea regardless of gun purchased.
    I think they have their bugs worked out of most of these models by now. I always hate to be a buyer too early in a new generation of gun but do it every now and then. Had to send a few back to the factory for tweeking. Always ends up satsifactory. I prefer the Shield and read where they are coming out with a version without a safety here before long.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Great idea regardless of gun purchased.
    I think they have their bugs worked out of most of these models by now. I always hate to be a buyer too early in a new generation of gun but do it every now and then. Had to send a few back to the factory for tweeking. Always ends up satsifactory. I prefer the Shield and read where they are coming out with a version without a safety here before long.

Already out. If you don't care, be on the lookout for people dumping their safety equipped models to buy a non-safety version. You may be able to get a deal.

Then just leave the safety off.:) Voila' just like not having a safety!

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Thats what I do, safety off and one in the pipe. I have the Shield in 40 with an Apex trigger kit in it that I carry everyday. I added TFO sights on it and love the gun. It is a little heavy but it will remain my EDC unless Glock comes out with a single stack 9mm like I heard they are.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Thats what I do, safety off and one in the pipe. I have the Shield in 40 with an Apex trigger kit in it that I carry everyday. I added TFO sights on it and love the gun. It is a little heavy but it will remain my EDC unless Glock comes out with a single stack 9mm like I heard they are.

Yeah, I like mine. I got the Apex kit and for some reason I also got the trigger with the other parts when I ordered it from Amazon. Either they sent the wrong kit or they are very generous, lol.

The thing I like about the Shield is that I actually like shooting it. I can't say that about other smaller pistols.

Tynimiller

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 20, 2014
    Osceola
    The Shield and the LC9 (now the LC9s) get a lot of love in the range rentals as well as purchases in the gun shop I work at part time. The Shield trigger leaves a lot to be desired for many but it easily beats the LC9.....however now that Ruger released the LC9s....the trigger on the Ruger wins for most hands down. However, a few things about the Shield still shine and we move as many as 3 or 4 shields a week in the shop compared to maybe 1 or 2 LC9s. I think it has a lot to do with the fact the M&P ergos simply fill the palm better for most people and the gun feels more of a natural extension compared to the Ruger for most. I personally love the Ruger more and would probably buy one of them, but both are solid compact single stack 9's from reputable companies and you can't go wrong. Shoot both and make the decision!

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Already out. If you don't care, be on the lookout for people dumping their safety equipped models to buy a non-safety version. You may be able to get a deal.

Then just leave the safety off.:) Voila' just like not having a safety!

Having grown up with revolvers and 1911's and Browning high power pistols, what is the big deal about desiring no safety?

searpinski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I had bad luck with two ruger LCPs and will not get another one of their handguns. I have and love a shield. I would like to have and love a VP9, but that's slightly larger.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Having grown up with revolvers and 1911's and Browning high power pistols, what is the big deal about desiring no safety?

Not sure why some are insistent on not having a safety. I guess if most of your handguns do not have a safety and you are not used to thumbing a safety on and off, then it makes sense to not buy handguns with a thumb safety to stay consistent.

I am used to thumbing a safety so it's not a deal breaker for me.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Whatever the action, that determines whether I want an external safety. Striker fired guns don't need them and neither do DA/SA guns. Basically a SAO pistol is the time I want an external safety

bmiley1963

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    I love my LC9. My EDC. The one gun that pulls up perfectly sighted every time I unholster it. Just fits naturally in my hand.

Top Bottom