• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    You guys need to read all the post associated with the story. Jack stands WERE in use from eyewitness reports. You do know what ASSuming does?

I do agree with always using jackstands.

Just saw the updated post (that was made all of 10 minutes ago), Ill change the OP..... all the posts before this one were indicating that it was not on jacks...... so I would not call it assuming..... even on the corral people we asked not to make commentes about saftey ect ect and even the article said it slipped of the jack so not sure how that is assuming much........

Things came to light, the post was changed, lets leave it at that.

Last edited:

ISHOOTHST'S

Master
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    Iyaf
    I work with jacks and jack stands at the shop I work at daily. I am guilty of not using jackstands at times. Actually all of us at the shop are sometimes.

And I do cosign with the person that said to put the wheels under the vehicle if possible as well.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. Thoughts and prayers, of course.

Everyone has to die of something. The sad part is when it happens too soon and for a senseless reason.

Blessings,
    Bill

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. Thoughts and prayers, of course.

Everyone has to die of something. The sad part is when it happens too soon and for a senseless reason.

Blessings,
    Bill

A fairly good buddy of mine died years ago when he and his brother and his dad were triming a neighbors tree for them (older coulple) and he and his brother were holding ropes on this VERY large branch that was like a foot thick or more and his dad was cutting it. When it fell for some reason it came towards him and he frooze and it fell on him...... whats really sad is that his mom was also outside watching........

I feel bad because I was one of the last to talk to him and I used the time to give him greif about driving a Ford.......

cagilber

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Towle, Benjamin P.

July 19, 2010

Benjamin "Ben" Patrick Towle 27, Indianapolis, passed away Friday, July 16, 2010 at his residence in Indianapolis. He was born June 25, 1983 in Indianapolis, Indiana to Bruce R. Towle and Susan M. (Borst) Hinds. Benjamin worked for Cummins Diesel in Columbus, as a Senior Wheel Man. He graduated in 2007 from Purdue University, with a degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology. He was a member of Indy HP. His hobby was anything related to cars. Ben was an Eagle Scout. He is survived by his father, Bruce R. Towle of Fishers; mother, Susan M. Hinds of Fortville; brother, Jason (Erin) Towle; sister, Wendy Towle; niece, Holly Lynne Towle; and his grandparents, Richard and Mary Lou Borst and George and Karen Towle. He was preceded in death by grandmother, Jean Towle. Services will be held at 11:00 a.m. on Wednesday, July 21, 2010 at Randall and Roberts Fishers Mortuary, with Pastor Kevin Hart officiating. Friends may call Tuesday, July 20, 4:00 to 8:00 p.m. in Randall and Roberts Fishers Mortuary and one hour prior to service. Entombment will be in Oaklawn Memorial Gardens, following the service.

Top Bottom